Author Topic: Spine tester----plans  (Read 2405 times)

Offline smokeu

Spine tester----plans
« on: August 04, 2009, 07:38:14 pm »
Does anyone have an opinion on this i have been wanting to make one for a while and i like the looks of it better than the other one that was posted in the Dowel rods topic/build along. Let me know what yall think.

http://www.jamesmhill.com/Spine_Tester.html

Thanks

Mike
Longview, TEXAS

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Spine tester----plans
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 08:07:07 pm »
That's the one I copied. Makes a very good spine tester and relatively cheap.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline smokeu

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 08:31:51 pm »
Thanks Pat, nuff said.

Ill be cranking one out very soon, even found a dial guage at harbor freight for $10.
Longview, TEXAS

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 11:30:14 pm »
I made the uprights out of wood instead of angle brackets. One end is adjustable up and down and back and forth a bit for working with uneven natural shoot shafts and cane.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 09:00:37 am »
I made the uprights out of wood instead of angle brackets. One end is adjustable up and down and back and forth a bit for working with uneven natural shoot shafts and cane.

Good idea Pat I made one and it worked but like ya say natural shoots and cane were a bugger. I bought a fancy Ace model
at Pappy's this year :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI