Author Topic: two-fletch vine maple  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
two-fletch vine maple
« on: July 25, 2009, 04:51:57 pm »
Here is one I just got finished. Not  shooter, but it will get shot I'm sure for fun. Just made it to hang up in my office. I wanted to make something prim. don't know how well I did, still new at the arrow stuff. Pointers are welcome, I just want to learn from some of the best on here!
 Vine maple shaft - turkey primaries from this springs bird - trade point I made from some crate banding.
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline Mark Anderson

Re: two-fletch vine maple
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 04:53:07 pm »
forgot to add the pics!

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Sleep Junkie

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 11:52:58 pm »
Personally, I new to this stuff as well, but I have to say that the two-fletch arrows always intrigued me.  I plan on making a few one day and I hope they look half as good as yours.  I have to ask though, are the feathers supposed to be glued down or or they supposed to have that much room between them and the shaft? 

Offline Mark Anderson

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 01:24:39 pm »
Personally, I new to this stuff as well, but I have to say that the two-fletch arrows always intrigued me.  I plan on making a few one day and I hope they look half as good as yours.  I have to ask though, are the feathers supposed to be glued down or or they supposed to have that much room between them and the shaft? 
I really don't know for sure about them needing to be glued down. I just tried to go primitive as I could and only used some tbIII for the wrap (which is split b-50, don't have any sinew).