Author Topic: Sometimes you just gotta.......  (Read 2735 times)

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
Sometimes you just gotta.......
« on: August 04, 2009, 08:37:30 pm »
Here is a H/H lam bow...It was making creaking noises, so in a fit of craziness I applied a backing of some modern, high tech fairy snot.....and it de-laminated just the same.   So, to make it impossible for myself to spend another minute resurecting it, i chopped it up.  If I hadn't, it would have sat in the corner, reminding me of a failure, and someday I'd spend a day trying to fix it.  Easier just to make it "shipping size" right away. 

piper

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: Sometimes you just gotta.......
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 08:48:25 pm »
i hear ya.  I have a few failures in my shop that need to be done the same way.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline smokeu

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 08:49:40 pm »
LOL.... you are not alone my friend.  I have destroyed some as well and burned ALL the evidence.

MIKE
Longview, TEXAS

Offline Dano

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 08:57:36 pm »
Too bad you put the "fairy snot" on there you could have smoked a nice tenderloin with it. ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Adam Keiper

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 11:10:36 pm »
That's it.  At some point you have to decide whether or not to dump any more time into a project that may fail, or just abort it altogether.  Based on past experience with various "fixes" that often just prolong the inevitable, I can say that my own tolerance level for most repairs is very low.  The decision comes easier and much more swiftly the longer you've been at this.

Offline adb

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 11:54:49 pm »
I've chopped up a few bows that I'd been staring at for a while, cuz they were just pi$$in' me off too!

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 01:10:56 am »
haha!

mr. kieth me and ian were gunna stop by and see you, but they had every cop and game warden in louisianan infront of your shop so we abourted mission.
lets just shoot it

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 01:12:02 am »
Had several ending up just like that one...!
Frank from Germany...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 06:57:55 am »
We all have our corner of shame at leats until we clean house eh :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 07:56:51 am »
I'm with you Adam,my patients is pretty short when it comes to that.If it is a pretty easy high %
fix I will go for if not I cook with it. :) I have seen folks spend days trying to fix one and most time it is putting off the inevitable.  :) I will do some rapping here and there but even then is is for insurance before there is a problem not after. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good