Author Topic: Tru Oil  (Read 6399 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Tru Oil
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2009, 09:31:56 am »
I believe storing the bottle on its cap will do the same by elimination any way for air to get into the bottle.
  I generally pour out a little bit of Tru-Oil to a small container(like a bottle or small jar cap) to use when sealing the bow then close the bottle. I also don't reuse it once it has been poured out.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 06:48:51 pm »
  I keep Tru-Oil, Poly, and all my glue in the fridge. I have some Urac that is 4 years old and still good, keeping it in the fridge.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 04:02:52 pm »
whats in true oil? it is really popular over there and I was wondering what the nearest oil over here might be?
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 04:26:09 pm »
Dragonman, Tru-Oil is a gun stock finish made with linseed oil and additives.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 08:33:10 pm »
I tried to extend the life of an older 8 oz bottle of TruOil  y thinning....the whole blame thing just kinda curdled.  I finished a couple dozen arrows with the lumps and all, just had to rub longer and harder.  I'll save throwing out half of the 8 oz bottles by buying the smaller ones as needed and finishing them up.  Like someone else said they do go a long way, even if you do 12 coats like I just did on a hackberry bow this week.  Bloody sweet gloss, baby!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.