Author Topic: Bowhunters of Alabama trad/primitive friendly  (Read 4596 times)

Offline Scrub_buck

Bowhunters of Alabama trad/primitive friendly
« on: July 12, 2009, 05:41:13 pm »
From the Bowhunters of Alabama website concerning the BHA State Champoinship:

"This year for the traditional guy's were going to offer for the 1st. time a Traditional Range Only at the state shoot.

As every one knows BHA offers a trad. class but it lumps many together with different type of traditional equipment, for instants recurve guys shooting against longbow guy's and women and even the jrs. And this is because we haven't had that many trad shooters over the years, but what we have has been loyal and they enjoy shooting with us so BHA provides a class for them.

So this year along with the trad. only range the hosting chapter will recognize and award 9 traditional classes. These class will be: Mens Recurve, Longbow, and Primitive Womens Recurve, Longbow, and Primitive Jr. Trad. 13-15, Youth 9-12, and Cubs 8 and under

I would also like to say that this wouldn't be possible if not for the cooperation from our fellow N.Z. Chapters. For a lot of them will be providing the targets for the traditional range. We are really excited about doing this. And tickled of the backing we have had to make it happen."

OK ... For those of you who normally show up for the ASTB shoots and the Howard Hill Classic, but shy away from the BHA's numerous shoots statewide, please consider visiting Gadsden on Aug. 8th (the Saturday following the ASTB State Champ) to participate in the fun! If there is a good turn-out of us trad shooters ... they might take a little more notice of the fun we have! I think you have to be a BHA member to be scored for the actual Championship (just like the wheel-bow shooters do), so visit the BHA's website and investigate what you need to do to shoot for a trophy. You may not have to join the BHA to just shoot for fun? I have not inquired about that yet, but plan to this week. I will post what I discover.

Scrub_buck