Main Discussion Area > Arrows

bamboo heads on 4-footed shafts

<< < (4/7) > >>

DBernier:
Sorry Dustybaer  :(  I'll have Amy beat me with a wet noodle when she comes home later. By the way this arrow, at 12 yards penetrated a foam block 7 inch's from a 53# Osage self bow. It is good to do these things as we keep creating brain cells. At my age I need all I can get   ;D

Dick, working on more brain cells.

DBernier:
Dustbaer, If I can find the other point I made it is a good show and tell. I used two halves of bamboo like the first point and on the edge of each I sanded/filed a grove. Into this grove I inserted a razor blade parallel to the edge of the bamboo. I glued it together with CA. Not very primitive but you could shave with it. ;D. I'll look for it today. I did not attach it to a bamboo shaft, but I may.

Dick Bernier

Dustybaer:
sounds very interesting, i'm looking forward to the picture.

not sure if you can tell by the pictures, but mine are not laminated.  i was thinking about it though.

sbartels:
Bamboo arrowheads MUST be killers - because primitive peoples esp. in the Pacific islands depended on them quite a lot for survival. They also used hardwoods for arrowheads.

It surely is important what type of bamboo you use, there are so many varieties!

Hillbilly and others: Rick Williamson reports that in Vanuatu bamboo knives were used during intiation ceremonies to circumcise the boys.
Don't try this at home !!! LOL

mullet:
  sbartels,Oh! Man,  you made me pucker up with that last tid bit of information. :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version