Author Topic: Osage bow  (Read 8849 times)

Offline Chad Bower

• ~Odins' wisdom ,Thors' strength , Freyas' love.~
Re: Osage bow
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 11:06:25 pm »
LOL ! Is there anything that you cant do Manny ? NICE STUFF AGAIN MAN !
~ 45,000 years ago the bow was invented. The bow is the history of mankind.~

Don't just exsist  , live , everyday to the fullest.

Chad "Wolf Among Dogs" Bower

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 06:11:55 am »
Thanks fellas,  much appreciated

Kegan, wet the strips of cloth, squize the extra water out and stretch them,  hung them, get some TB III on one limb, put the strip down, work the extra glue out
from handle to tip, do the same to the other limb, go back to the first massage the cloth in, do this to both limbs a couple of times, clamp at the handle and tips, ...as easy as that, takes more to write than do it  ;D

if you want later after you cut the excess out ( but not all the way flush ) you can apply a coat of really thin TB III, that will help with any possible fraing at the edges ( use fine rasp going from back to outher edge to get it flush ) .........piece of cake  ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 08:40:22 am »
Very nice job on that one Manny! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Kegan

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2009, 07:24:32 pm »
Thanks Manny, I'll have to try that. For some reason I always make a mes of TB II and cloth. Wasted probably a quarter of my bottle :D.

So you use a fine rasp to get the edges flush with some extra TB III to harden it up?

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 11:31:16 pm »
Thanks Greg.

Kegan if you put TB III over the cloth, you have to do it after it's dry, and the glue has to be quite thin, otherwise the job doesn't look so good, using the fine rasp on an outward motion from the back towards the edges will give you a neet job
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Kegan

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 11:15:59 am »
Thank you Manny ;D! I've always tried to use a razor to carefully cut it away, but it never worked- the final bow was always sort of squiggly and ugly. You've really helped me out.