Author Topic: Cane in southern MO?  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
Cane in southern MO?
« on: July 10, 2009, 12:02:55 pm »
Hey anyone out there know where or even if I can find any river cane in southern MO? I live about 30 miles from West Plains, and I just want to find some cheap (just gas to get there and back). I've never used cane before and my interest is getting the better of me. I've tried looking on some forestry type websites but i can't get any location as to where I might find any. Any info would be helpful.
thanks
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Cane in southern MO?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 05:53:37 pm »
Don't know about specific locations, but here's the USDA map of county oocurances of native river cane in MO. If you look around rivers, creeks, and swamps in the green counties, you should find some.

Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
Re: Cane in southern MO?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 10:42:04 pm »
Hey, Thanks a lot! I live about four miles from a "green" county, so I guess I just need to get out and do some sight seeing!
Thanks Hillbilly.
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)