Author Topic: There must be something wrong with me.  (Read 2592 times)

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
There must be something wrong with me.
« on: June 29, 2009, 04:55:54 pm »
A strange thing happened today.  I was driving through a wooded area and looking at the trees.....and WAS NOT thinking about cutting them down and making them all into bows. 

What should I do?  Is there hope? 

piper

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: There must be something wrong with me.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 05:16:42 pm »
Maybe your subconscious knows how much work it would be in the heat. I surely don't want to cut down a forest right now. Between 6 and 9 AM I might, but then it would have to lie there until the next morning before I could get it loaded.  :-\
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 05:25:08 pm »
Sounds like the withdrawals have stopped and you've stabilized ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Kegan

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 05:34:05 pm »
You're simply transitioning into the subsequent "shooting phase". You're mving away from using the trees to make weapons to moving through those trees with the  aforementioned weapons in search of their fuzzy inhabitants ;).

nickf

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 06:45:52 pm »
you're obviously tired from cutting down forests yesterday? :)

Nick

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 08:34:47 pm »
Kieth yer homesick fer da UP ;) :)

Justin are you whining about the heat :o Thought you liked it hot :D A nice 59 degrees here today, now wheres my chainsaw :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 09:29:16 pm »
Oh ya, dot'll be the day, for sure, eh?  I was thinking more along the lines of having a pile of lumber in the shop that I can't find the time to get to  already. 

I guess time is the big master-control in this whole archery thing......time to prepare the wood, time to carve the bow, time to finish it, time to shoot it, including travel to and fro.  Real life interferes with all of the above:  play with the kids, go to church, honey-do jobs, and the daily occupation. 

When do we switch over to the two-weeks of work and 50 weeks of vacation?

piper

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 09:37:57 pm »
Kieth yer homesick fer da UP ;) :)

Justin are you whining about the heat :o Thought you liked it hot :D A nice 59 degrees here today, now wheres my chainsaw :)
Love the heat Dana. The logs just get heavier as the day goes. I think more sun must make the sap all go into the trunk causing it to weigh 200 pounds more.  ;D

I think piper is right though. The more wood you have in the garage, the less ambition you have. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

orcbow

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 07:57:05 am »

When do we switch over to the two-weeks of work and 50 weeks of vacation?

I was wondering about that too!! I think that's when I was planning to finish all of my projects.....

Offline DanaM

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 08:24:35 am »
Yup Justin I have a rack full of wood and barely look at trees now, but I've replaced the tree fixation with rock fixation ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI