Author Topic: My Heat Gun Died  (Read 5355 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: My Heat Gun Died
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 09:59:34 pm »
My old one died last year. I went out and bought another but it didn't produce the same amount of heat so I returned it for a different model with more watts.  Still didn't work as well as my old one so I brought that one back and took my old one apart.  Fixed the burnt out coil and now it works well again
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline kiltedcelt

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 12:28:53 am »
Well, drat! Looks like my gun is one of the ones recalled. Oh well, guess I'll get a new free one out of the deal. Fortunately mine hasn't malfunctioned but then again I've only used it about three times since I bought it about two or three months ago.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 12:40:31 am »
Gary oughta be getting a kick-back from at least one of the major heatgun manufacturers.  Sounds like he ought to hit up Milwaukee, or Snap-On.  Whats a Snap-On heatgun for anyway?  Stripping paint off an engine block?

I suppose Gary drank Dr Pepper for breakfast?

well it would depend on ther persons job in the industry.
me i am an auto technician,i use them for heat shrink,removing decals etc.
never really had luck removin automotive paints with them,the paint tends to burn before it peels off.

but mostly i bought it because i can right it off at the end of the year as a work tool >:D ;D ;)
even though it gets used on bows more than cars,as far as the IRS is concerned its for work(working on bows that is)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd