Author Topic: New project  (Read 31854 times)

Offline majsnuff

• Shoot low boys the bad guys are riding ponies.
Re: New project
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2009, 12:49:46 am »
Awwww mannnnn I am so jealous. All outta osage, and here you get 3 staves from one stick....
keep it simple
make it fun

Dustybaer

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2009, 02:21:28 am »
big a, with such excellent mentors around you, the bow will come out nothing short of perfect.

greg, i've seen your unmatched craftsmanship, when it comes to finishes, so can't wait for pics on yours.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2009, 08:25:35 am »
Just checked out the progress.  The bows are looking great, can't wait to see the finished product.  Also love that centerline tool.  What a great idea.
Traverse City, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2009, 08:34:06 am »
I Have a lot of work to do this week. Gerg and Pappy are way ahead of me. To top it off I'm a rookie on snake bows. Can you guys just imagin how high the mark is for me to keep up with these two. I do know where to get some good advice. "Big A"

BigA, you're selling yourself short...I've seen you in action on the tillering tree and you know what you're doing! Anthony actually started his interest with selfbows before the rest of us after reading Massey's book. His first osage bow took some years to finish without anyone around to give him advice and no internet with sites such as this to learn from.  He's come on strong the last few years though and is a great teacher as his involvement with the bow making during the Tn. Classic proves. ;)

greg, i've seen your unmatched craftsmanship, when it comes to finishes, so can't wait for pics on yours.
Thanks for the compliment Marius! I'm trying to improve and try new techniques...I still fall way short of a lot of the folks on here who demonstrate great ability in a wide range of bow types that they produce. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2009, 05:20:47 am »
Got the tip overlays glued on last night,deer antler and cow horn.Plan on working them down tonight and finish the tiller.I had it 50@22 before heat treating and been letting it rehydrate for a few days.Hope to be shooting it by the weekend.   ;) :) I'll have some pictures of the progess
soon. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2009, 05:40:45 am »
Got the tips worked down on mine yesterday.They turned out pretty good.BigA came over
for our weekly shoot and said he had his to brace and was going to work on his somemore when he got home.I plan on finishing the tiller this evening or Friday.Comming along.Don't know about GreB's he is keeping it all hush hush about it.I don't like to show his stuff much till it is finished and then put it all on you at once. ;) :) Maybe we can beg a little and get somekind of picture of how he is coming this weekend. :) I also ordered some Snake skins from Mike Yancy yesterday,they will be a little different.We wanted to do them with different skins and Greg already got the timber and BigA has the Parries and I really didn't want another Diamond back so I went with something different.It's a secret.  ;) ;D
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Dustybaer

« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2009, 06:10:50 am »
nice tips, pappy.  i like the contrast.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2009, 07:55:51 am »
Very nice job on those tips Pappy! You shaped them a little different then you usualy do...I like them!  ;)

Maybe we can beg a little and get somekind of picture of how he is coming this weekend.
If I'm not mistakened, we've showed as much detail on mine even to the point of shooting it as yours! ;D The only change since last pic's are the skins and I'm still sealing the bow. Taking my time at that... I have the grip made and string made...probably will complete the bow by the end of this weekend. You and BigA need to get on the ball and finish up so we can post the three finished sisters together... ;D
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2009, 08:49:03 am »
I'm going as fast as I can,of course we had to shoot yesterday,you know the day we[ ALL
MEET AT THE CLUB TO SHOOT.] and I got to get ready for the hog hunt with Eddie and Chris
so I figured I would finish my take down,it was closer to being ready.We will get there. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2009, 01:39:43 pm »

ALL MEET AT THE CLUB TO SHOOT

Yeah, I wussed out...I had a sleep study the night before in Nashville and didn't sleep very good with about 25 electrodes hooked up to me! ;)
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2009, 05:37:50 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D you should have had them do it at the cabin,you sleep good there. ;) ;D
I got the tips flipped on mine last nigh and plan on fine tuning the tiller this evening and Sat.
I hope to be shooting it this weekend.  :)
   Pappy   
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2009, 06:29:29 am »

ALL MEET AT THE CLUB TO SHOOT

Yeah, I wussed out...I had a sleep study the night before in Nashville and didn't sleep very good with about 25 electrodes hooked up to me! ;)
Told you you would be wired for sound.  Let me know what they say Greg
BearG
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2009, 09:59:14 am »
Look'in good so far guys!
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2009, 10:07:47 am »

Whats up Greg.......Sleep Apnea?? Good Luck...Hope it's nothing Serious..I hate Tests...... >:(......... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2009, 01:02:35 pm »
Let me know what they say Greg
BearG

Whats up Greg.......Sleep Apnea?? Good Luck...Hope it's nothing Serious..I hate Tests......
I don't know if I have a sleep problem or not...if I do, I've kind of gotten used to it I guess. I do however have a wife that is not at all shy about telling me I have a snoring problem...which equates to her having a sleep problem! ;D So I guess I do have a sleep problem after all...as you all know when the wife has a problem it's in our best interests to see that their problems take priority in getting resolved. So...resolving her sleep problem might require that I wear a strapped on head harness with a hose attached to nose plugs forcing air down my throat, instead of her wearing some soft spongy  ear plugs! ;D Whatever it takes to remain on her good side is what I'm resolved to do! ;)
Greg