Author Topic: New project  (Read 31850 times)

Dustybaer

Re: New project
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2009, 01:58:36 pm »
great project!  just discovered it now (well, no wonder, i haven't been online for months  ;D)  you gentlemen are very talented bowyers.  can't wait for more pictures.

on the last picture, is the bow in the middle the one greg built?  it's beautiful.

radius

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2009, 09:28:54 pm »
shaving horse never happened...turned out to be a chair beside my bookshelf with a clamp bolted to its top.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2009, 05:28:51 am »
Good to see you back Dusty I wondered where you have been. ??? No them are mine,they
are the sisters I built a couple of years ago all from the same stave as these are.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2009, 05:34:28 am »
Radius to be honest I don't use a shaving horse,I have 2 but never use them,at least not much.I use a vice on a portable bench most of the time.I know some like them ,I guess it is all what you get use to. I hope to get back on my Bow some this weekend,I have it out to 50@22 now and I think Greg's is almost finished.BigA's is floor tillered.Maybe get some pictures of where we are this weekend.Hog hunting and deer season is coming on fast so we better get on the ball. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2009, 07:37:40 am »
There's some good teaching going on here. Nice to see, Pappy. :) Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2009, 07:46:08 am »
 I'm sealing mine...a few more coats of truoil, my grip is made and laced waiting to be put on, and then I might need to make myself a bow string. ;)

Marius, good to hear from you...please don't be a stranger and come visit more often! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Dustybaer

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2009, 10:38:28 am »
pappy, it's good to be back.  thanks.  life has sent me on a rollercoaster ride, so my time was somewhat limited.  but it should get better now.  by the way, them sisters are looking mighty fine  ;D

greg, you can't imagine how much i missed talking to you guys.  heck, i just realized it now that i'm back.  it's like coming home.  speaking of which: i'm working on a trip to twin-oaks next year, around early may  ;D  if you'll still have me, that is.

Offline BearG

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2009, 11:56:06 am »
pappy, it's good to be back.  thanks.  life has sent me on a rollercoaster ride, so my time was somewhat limited.  but it should get better now.  by the way, them sisters are looking mighty fine  ;D

greg, you can't imagine how much i missed talking to you guys.  heck, i just realized it now that i'm back.  it's like coming home.  speaking of which: i'm working on a trip to twin-oaks next year, around early may  ;D  if you'll still have me, that is.

hey Dusty those boys will have you back.  hope you can come it was fun having you in our camp your 1st night (OHIO BOYS).  Hope to drink some more adult beverages with you.
BearG
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2009, 01:06:44 pm »
i'm working on a trip to twin-oaks next year, around early may    if you'll still have me, that is.

Well yeah!  ;D We would most definitely enjoy another visit from our friend across the big water! Come early if you can and maybe you can go home with another bow. How's "2-deer" holding up? ;)
Greg

Dustybaer

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2009, 03:02:31 am »
don't mean to hijack this thread, but let me answer real quick:

brother bear, it's good to hear from you!  that adult beverage you served the first night was amongst the finest i ever tried.  and so was your hospitality.  please say hello to the OHIO BOYS  ;D

i'm definitely coming early. the 24th of April being my 50th birthday, i decided to reward myself with a trip "home" and if possible celebrate with my friends across the pond.  i'll also bring my new wife along, so you see for yourself, ;D that she outshoots me all the time.

greg, "two deer" has become my "turn to" bow.  this year, i shot all tournaments with him.  awesome bow, much better then the knucklehead behind the string  ;D

the sad news is: i had to retire the "friendship/signature" bow.  it developed a crack in the back right above the upper fadeout.  it didn't break.  we noticed it on time.  but i don't want to risk anything, so he's gonna get a place of honor on the wall, next to the friendship arrows i have received over the last few years.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2009, 07:47:13 am »
the sad news is: i had to retire the "friendship/signature" bow. 

Sounds to me like it's time for a "Friendship II" bow!  ;)
Greg

Dustybaer

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2009, 09:05:24 am »
OK, but only "with a little help from my friends"  (i think i just gave my age away  ;D )

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2009, 09:15:51 am »
Not coming along to fast but made a little head way this weekend.BigA got his floor tillered and
on the tiller stick,I got mine back on the form and heat treated.I think Greg's is almost finished.All he like is a grip.  I need to give mine a few day to rehydrate.We decide on names.One of one, two of one and three of one.Greg's will be one of one and depending on who come next the other 2 names.I'll keep yall posted. :) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2009, 01:23:48 pm »
I'm planning to lightly sand my tru-oil coats now, and put on polyurethane clear satin for the outer coats to give it a duller hunting finish. After that my grip is finished and loosely lased ready to put on... ;)
Greg

Offline Big A

« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2009, 11:28:05 pm »
I Have a lot of work to do this week. Gerg and Pappy are way ahead of me. To top it off I'm a rookie on snake bows. Can you guys just imagin how high the mark is for me to keep up with these two. I do know where to get some good advice. "Big A"