Author Topic: New project  (Read 31853 times)

Offline Big A

Re: New project
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2009, 11:18:34 pm »
I shot my bow this week twice ;). Worked on the tips yesterday after putting up some stands. Added the snake skins today.Still have the grip and string to do along with the finish work. A couple weeks away now. I think 2 of 1 will make it. 8)

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2009, 06:07:08 am »
That's great to hear.Can't wait to see it.I got mine cut down and the sleeve came in Sat.I hope to get it put togeather this week or weekend.I also got the skins for it if it all works out. I am going
to have to do something and not sure what when putting it togeather.The handle has a bad hook in it so we will see how it goes.I may have it shooting in a couple of weeks. :) I shot Greg's this weekend,it shoots nice. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2009, 07:30:57 am »
Got the take down sleeve on one limb and got the other straightened out and a piece glued on to straighten the handle out.All I need to do now is work down the handle and install the brass sleeve
and it should be ready to re tiller.I'll keep you updated on how it is going.I may have to change the name to one half of three of three.  ;) ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2009, 07:36:47 am »
This is good stuff, can't wait to see yours and BigA's shooting! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Little John

« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2009, 07:48:49 am »
Yep I also cant wait.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2009, 05:51:44 am »
Well after some drying time I will be ready to go on with the tillering with the new limb.Hope to do that this weekend.It was somewhat of a challenge to get that hooked handle lined up but the shim I added to the side to center it worked out great,at least so far. ;) :) I'll keep you updated.BigA said last night that he is in the finishing stages on his ,so it looks like I will be the last to finish. O well it's
like I tell beginners,this ant a road race,slow and easy till you get to the finish line.Sometime you trip
so you just have to get up and go on.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2009, 06:22:53 am »
Looking good Pappy, always save the best fer last eh ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2009, 08:21:30 am »
like I tell beginners,this ant a road race,slow and easy till you get to the finish line.Sometime you trip
so you just have to get up and go on. 
Very well said!

Looks like a plan coming together to me...I look forward to the three of us going hunting together this fall equipped with our snake bows!  :)
Greg

Offline Little John

« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2009, 08:42:41 am »
Looking good Pappy.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2009, 07:42:27 am »
Hopefully we will have some pictures of BigA's this weekend and I might even get mine shooting.This has went on to long it's time to get ER done. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2009, 08:33:14 am »
This has went on to long it's time to get ER done.
Remember one of your prime bits of advice..."take it slow". ;) Just kidding, I know you'll have a finely tillered bow in a couple of tillering sessions from the point it's at now.  ;)
Greg

Offline Dano

« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2009, 10:06:35 am »
Keep up the good work Pappy, slow and easy is good. ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2009, 05:45:57 am »
Got a little futher along on this over the weekend. BigA got his shooting [very good I might add ]
and just needs a little more finish work. Greg's is finished and shooting good also.I have the sleeve
put on mine and tillered out to 51@22.I heat treated it and done some sanding.I am going to give
it a few days to rehydrate and then finish the tiller.Then all I will like is skins and Grip.I put new tips on this weekend also.We are getting there maybe another week or 2 and and we should be done.
    Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2009, 07:50:52 am »
It's really coming together well, and I'd bet she will be a good shooter. The tiller is already very close. Those cow horn tips are going to look good as well. A lot of work goes into a take-down from watching Pappy make several now...not to mention a snake bow takedown.

BigA is getting close to being finished with his, and she is going to be a beauty! The finish work is looking really good...the sinew job, skins, tips, and handle are all coming together to make a fine looking bow. She shoots really good too! ;)
Greg

Offline Dano

« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2009, 01:35:46 pm »
Lookin good guys, Pappy your slackin buddy!! just kidding, getting a bow re-hydrated is very important. ;)
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada