Author Topic: Rattler Backed Static Recurve Paddle Bow  (Read 17287 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Rattler Backed Static Recurve Paddle Bow
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 12:24:01 pm »
OK here goes..........

Yes Patrick....You are Obsessed.......... ;D ;) :D

Thank You David...coming from You thats a big Compliment

Medicinewheel....Yes My Paddlebows do bend slightly through the Handle...probably why they have a little Hand Shock too.. >:D

Jamie get some Coffee and quit being such a Panzy-Ass....if a floating Bow scares You...My Wicken Ex-Wife would have really freaked You Out!!  :o ::) O:)

Cracker...you let me know what You want and We can work out some kinda Trade or Deal...no problem you Big Gorilla.. :P :o

Little John....Thanks...and as for the Shutdown...We came down with 8 Units..! De-Coker Unit...1 Cat Cracker...1 Alky Unit...and a 5 Unit Gas Oil Hydrogen De-Sulfurization System (Gohds Unit)...so We had Our work cut out for Us.

Tim...I know what you meant my Minny-Sodian Friend!! And as for the white Legs...when you work the Job I do...where Nomex Clothing is a Must...your Skin doesn't ever seen the Light of Day....and it's either Dark when I get Home...or I sleep all Day to go to work at Night!! So even the N.A. Blood don't keep any color in this Hide!!!

And as for You Cowboy.....yes you do need to get off that Arse....and get some thing done....you have been dormant for too long....get up and get on with it... :P >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 01:30:49 pm »
Great job and a serious candidate for May Self BOM, too 8)
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Aosda

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 03:53:12 am »
Wow.  Inspiration to become better and try new designs.  Maybe I'll try one with the short oak staves I have drying.  What would be a minimum length for this style at 24"-28" draw?  Poundage wouldn't matter.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 07:34:52 am »
I draw 38-29....and I have found that for a nice Draw with no String Angle Problems....66inches is a great length....not nowhere near what the California Paddle Bows are supposed to be forTrue Lengths....40-50 inches...but more like what the Wampanoag Bows were...I make Mine 66 inches NTN....2 1/2" at the widest point...fading to 3/8" Pin Nocks
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Timo

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 07:54:52 am »
Never have been a fan of the paddle bows, but I like that one alot! Great tiller! ;)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 08:10:42 am »
Mighty fine looking bow...tiller looks great! Never did much curving on hickory, might give the boiling a try sometime.  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline TRACY

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 09:31:46 am »
Did you put a rest on this one or do I need to send you a box of band aids for the fletch wounds? >:D

Man you did an outstanding job on that bow Mike. I don't care what Dana says about you, you an alright guy ;D

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 08:23:42 pm »
Did you put a rest on this one or do I need to send you a box of band aids for the fletch wounds? >:D

Man you did an outstanding job on that bow Mike. I don't care what Dana says about you, you an alright guy ;D

Tracy

That makes two of Us......... :P ;D

No Rests on My Bows....guess I will either get the Fletchings right...or get one hell of a Scar / Callous built up there...... :'(

Thanks Tracy...glad you like it.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline PeteC

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 09:56:46 pm »
That's a beauty Mike,I like it.It looks like it is a very smooth shooter,is it? God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 10:49:05 pm »
Nice Smooth Draw...no stack to speak of....but it does have a little Personality....likes to kick a Bit...but most if not all Paddle Bows do!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Diligence

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2009, 01:21:23 pm »
When you boiled in the tip flips, did you reduce the width of the bow down to near final dimensions first, or leave it full width, then reduce after flipping?

Looks great!  I've got a shorter piece of elm that is just dying to be made into a short bow.

Thanks,
D
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2009, 05:03:56 pm »
I reduced it after the Tips were recurved....to lessen the chance of Splits due to boiling
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline david w.

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2009, 05:29:26 pm »
El D that's a really pretty bow.  I really like the skins and I bet it shoots like a dream.
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2009, 08:03:15 pm »
                             Thanks David...and it does Shoot really Nice too.... Do Ya Want One............. >:D
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2009, 09:45:22 am »
                             Thanks David...and it does Shoot really Nice too.... Do Ya Want One............. >:D

well mike i aint david,but i'll take one.

ya know i keep coming back and looking at this bow everyday.
someday i am gonna figure out how to make one of them.
although i know it wont compare to any of yours.
thats still one sweet a@# bow    love it
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd