Author Topic: My First Bow  (Read 1879 times)

Jray33

My First Bow
« on: May 05, 2009, 01:02:56 pm »
Hello,

Just a little history about me. I am the tye of person that is pretty much willing to try anything new. About a week ago my friend told me about this site and about making bows. I decided that I could make a bow. So, I sat down and with some instructions from my friend I made my first bow. Its a long bow measuring 66" and is made from red oak, at 30" draw it is about 30 pounds, but should increase with a little heat treating. Unfortunatly it will be tonight before I can upload the pictures, since my wife just had a baby and we are at the hospital.

Offline DustinDees

• the kingdom of bahrain, deployed
Re: My First Bow
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 04:30:31 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS first and foremost. welcome to PA. we can wait for pics until you have time. making bows with a newborn isnt too bad working around the sleep deprivation  ;D it is definitely worth it (the sleep deprivation and the bow making). enjoy the new addiction. and again CONGRATULATIONS!

Dustin D
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativit

Offline JustAim

Re: My First Bow
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 06:29:26 pm »
Congratulations! Both on your first bow and the new addition to your family!