Author Topic: Twin Oaks Bowhunters / 12th Annual Tennessee Traditional Archery Rendezvous  (Read 63034 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
    My Lips are Sealed.....you can't pry it out of Me....but I know others that will be glad to spread Viscous Rumor's...... O:).... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Fess up!!! Curious minds want to know!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
 I know why, Her church takes care of ol'ugly cripples.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

:o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline cracker

wow this case has taken a bizarre twist.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Keenan

Pictures , pictures   :o we need evidence of Elkissupo in the act  >:D >:D O:)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Ain't got any Pictures....I made sure of that...I stay away from Cameras  the best I can!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
lol...... ;D
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline DirtyDan

Thanks once again to Pappy and Miss Joanie and Ron and Greg and everyone else who helped to make this year's Classic a great success.  This  was my sixth or seventh Classic, and every year gets better.  For those of you that don't know me, I was the big guy that demonstrated the turkey feather camo technique for dying your bows.  It was great to talk to everyone and to see all of the old friends.  I was amazed at well everyone did in spite of the rain.  I saw some awesome bows being built.  I made two while I was there.  I'm slipping, though.  In the past I have made as many as four.  I missed seeing Sawfiler.  I wanted to show him an elm bow that I made from a stave I got from him.  A great addition to the Classic this year was the McGuire family.  Mike and his Dad, Kenneth, put on an osage clinic--everything from splitting to chasing a ring--and, boy, did they have some choice wood.  If you missed this event, you must plan to attend next year.  Great food, great instruction, great entertainment, and Great Hospitality.  Thanks to the Twin Oaks folks.

Dan Spier

Offline Wolf Watcher

Can you believe we just got home from our visit to the Classic!  We went on to South Carolina to visit our daughter so had some over four thousand miles of road time.  We heard that there were two tornadoes in Clarksville.  Hope no one was injured!  Arrived home to see elk, moose, antelope, buffalo, and deer in the pastures on the ranch.  Always great to get home!  Have had lots of time to remember all the things that happened to my wife and I at the classic so unpacking all the treasures this morning was a reminder of the wonderful people we met and the way we were accepted by them all!  Did meet up with Chris in Abbyville, SC. where he cut me some arrow cane.  Just one more of the fine folks we met at the classic!  Can't wait to show the Hustons the bows that were given to me!!  Mike's son, Tyler, just had a birthday so am going to give him a bow to finish from a semi finished bow I traded some elk horns for. 
       I really don't know how to say whats in my heart for the wonderful people we met at the classic.  Have been around for a good many years, been to lots of knapins and doins and never even came close to meeting the kind of people we met at Pappy's.  Not only humble, but absolute craftsmen.  I left there loaded down with special gifts and wonderful memories.  Seeing the little ones with bows, arrows, and quivers was something new to me.  The members of the club need to be commended for their work and hospitality to make such a great event take place.  I have to admit that I feel guilty for all the loot I came away with.  My only regret was that the Hustons were not there to enjoy all those like minded bowyers!  Never had time to set in the pit with the knappers, but enjoyed listening to the cadence of Jessie's hammering away at a huge piece of flint.  Medicine Arrow and trophy bows and a heart full of memories>  Joe York  Wolf Watcher     
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
 Joe, I feel very privileged to have met you and your wonderfull wife. I wish I could have spent more time talking with you and looking at your beautiful points. It just always seems like there is never enough time. And you couldn't have met a nicer person than Chris Cade.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:30:57 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
I also enjoyed meeting you and seeing your work. Those green St. Helen's jasper points were some of the best looking points I've seen. I also appreciate you letiing me look at the Solberger points, definitely an inspiration.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Welcome home from your journey Joe. It was great to meet you and your wife and share my blueberry cobbler recipe with her. I'm sure you will enjoy it again now.    This was my 3rd year at the Classic and I have never felt like a stranger at Twin Oaks. Ya'll come back next year and bring the Hustons with you.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Otis

Joe, glad you made it home safely. I only got to talk to a little while in the bow shop when Pappy gave you "Lucky". It was nice to get that little bit of time. You are correct in saying you won't find a better bunch than the folks at Twin Oaks.  Your registry book you gave the club was outstanding. I am proud that I got to sign it. I hope you get to come back next year.
                                                                  David

Offline cracker

Joe
  You probably don't remember me but I'm one of the guys who helped you unload your stuff. Really enjoyed meeting you and your wife. This was my second trip to the classic and I hope to have many more.Maybe I'll see you there.
Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?