Author Topic: more practice  (Read 2086 times)

Offline DustinDees

• the kingdom of bahrain, deployed
more practice
« on: April 29, 2009, 11:37:53 pm »
followed the "spall all then preform all then.." etc advice and can see the difference in my flake length and being able to take out small flaws, on purpose even, of course i leave plenty of small buggers in its place.. and hinges and flakes terminating early etc ::). practice practice practice. made these over the last few days. dont get much time in the daylight to break rock.  only 2 weeks till the goldendale knap-in ;D, cant wait.  critiques welcome. thank you

Dustin D

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativit

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
Re: more practice
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 09:09:11 pm »
Either one could be hafted and make some meat with.  Practice does make perfect.  Keep up the good work.

Offline Timo

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 11:53:12 pm »
Dustin, I've  always been the kinda guy that does for himself. Always able to figure it out so to speak. Well....Flintknapping was and still is the biggest learning curve I have ever encountered.Takes lots of whacking to get to the next stage,and there is always another stage.

keep at it and pay attention to what the better knappers tell and show you, go home and practice what you learned,before ya know it you'll be knocking out some quality.

Offline billy

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 05:30:45 pm »
Hey Dustin,

those look great.  I'll tell ya, those are the perfect types of points for hunting.....lash them to an arrow and blast them thru some animal's lungs
Marietta, Georgia