Author Topic: Loop/knot stringing method?  (Read 3334 times)

Offline Bushman452

Loop/knot stringing method?
« on: April 18, 2009, 04:37:12 am »
I gotta question about the loop and knot method of stringing a bow. Does it last as long as the double loop or is it like the double knot method and will warp later on. I have a lot of trouble when I'm stringing the bow mostly because of how afraid I am of breaking the bow. With the string tied to the bottom knock and the loop over the top knock would it be easier to string the bow.
Rabbit eating, deer killing barbaric savage of the Commonwealth.

Offline Kegan

Re: Loop/knot stringing method?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 07:56:06 am »
I use a Flemish loop and a knot. On the bottom, if it's being torublesome, I go back and tie the loose end back around the main string again. Occasionally needs a little twisting for tuning, but so far no issues. And it makes stringing with the push-pull a little easier I guess.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 08:28:20 am »
I use the double loop Flemish and have for years. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 11:12:14 am »
I use a loop and knot, and prefer it to a double loop. I don't really understand your question about warping? Never had any problems, and never had a string break.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mspink

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 02:28:17 pm »
I prefer the timber hitch and loop. With the hitch on the top limb. It can be adjusted easily for other bows with a few inches difference in ntn length and works well without slipping.
Aim small miss small!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 11:45:26 pm »
I prefer to use a timber hitch(bowyers knot) on the bottom limb. If one ever breaks I will tell you but after 20 years I've yet to break a string; double loop or knot!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline woodsrunner

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 09:43:55 am »
I like the double loop, but could see where the loop and knot would adjust to different bows easier. Have yet to break a string so see no difference there. Don't know what string has to do with warpage of bow ????
Bowhunting is a passion, not an obsession. Its just hard for my wife to tell the difference sometimes.