Author Topic: Banana Cut  (Read 2598 times)

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Banana Cut
« on: April 29, 2009, 08:13:21 am »
Does anyone have strong opinions on high arc or low arc banana cut feathers ( I have also seen it called magnum)?  I've heard they are loud but are good for heavy arrows.  Anyone used them much for hunting deer?
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Timo

Re: Banana Cut
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 08:28:49 am »
Jeff, I have a nanner chopper. I think they are way to noisy. High or low , heavy to light arrows,didn't seem to matter much. parabolics seem to be the quietest to my ears.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:01:19 am by Justin Snyder »

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 09:19:20 am »
I just plain don't like the way nanner fletches look, so I've never used them.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Adam Keiper

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 11:01:12 pm »
I make arrows with several types of fletching, but the modified banana cuts that I burn are my general favorite.  (The quill is 5.25", with a free hanging 1/4" tail.)  I don't find them to be loud, and the extra stabilization lets me use the same arrows on a fairly broad variety of bows and weights.  They will bleed off speed faster than 5" parabolics or such, but that loss doesn't become noticeable until distances beyond 30/35 yds or so

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Little John

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 10:19:16 am »
I have used the bannana cuts quite a bit and like them, I think they are quiter than the pope and young style which I also like. The bananna cutter cuts left and right wing feathers. One reason I like them is because it is easier to tie down the back end of the fletch. I have not found mine to reduce cast over other styles.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell