Author Topic: Silk or Fiberglass?  (Read 6890 times)

Offline sailordad

Re: Silk or Fiberglass?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 11:10:41 am »
ive never used silk yet
but i have used camo cloth and tbIII,cant tell any differance in the color of the fabric after it dried

never use the "f" on a bow,unless its a "fg",personally i dont like to mix wood with that other stuff.
to me the bow doesnt feel like it has a spirit when it has "fg" on it, jmho
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Shooter_G22

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 12:24:39 am »
i like the no fiberglass rule too...   i really do...  i think it classifies bows that get posted on here and really makes bow making a little more challanging and fun... not to mention i shot my little pecan short bow today a little bit and i must say man i love shooting that thing and it really does feel better and differant than my lil 48" bear supermag recurve...  i shot both today in caparesen mode and really love the feel of that pecan alot better not to mention it shot a little faster and a lot quiter... and that was using a paracord bow string with a lot of stretch and vibration... cant waite to get a dacron or fastflight for it...

im not saying i wouldnt recomend f/g but i think it is truely something speacil to have an all wood bow with out the f/g...   feels good to know you made it the old way to... and shoots awsome feeling... smooth and quite and fast... 

Aosda

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 02:16:30 pm »
Thank you all for your input.  I'll stick with the black silk then.  I'll tuck the FG away for emergencies(which I know will happen).  Maybe a lift on the belly that needs repairing, or something.  I'll let the FG collect dust. 

Tavis

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 02:29:13 pm »
fff...ffff...fff ...I can't say it. :) Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!