Author Topic: jacaranda  (Read 7139 times)

Offline Staver

Re: jacaranda
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 05:37:49 pm »
Would that be in honor of president "Bush"!!?? ;)  Joe H

Offline DanaM

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 07:03:14 pm »
Would that be in honor of president "Bush"!!?? ;)  Joe H

Some how I don't think so ::)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 10:01:08 pm »
Hi Mullet,  There are jacaranda trees here in Ca and I've always wondered how well the wood would work for bows.  I'll be interested to hear how this works for you.  I believe J. mimosafolia is the source of 'Brazillian Rosewood', so at least the bow should be pretty.   Rosewood can cause skin and respiratory irritation and allergies,so you should take precautions when working with it.  Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 10:13:15 pm »
 thanks Ron, It will probally be awhile for me to get started working on it. My plate is pretty full right now, and it's Turkey Season. On top of that, I just cut some Guava today, too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Shooter_G22

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 10:50:08 pm »
yeah if i was you i would most definantly get those sprouts and plant them somehow...  i think  that would most definantly make a better bow for you if you did that... ;)

truely that tree has strong spirit...  plant them and i bet the rest of the trunk when split to staves will have better medicine...

;D

jmo

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 10:55:40 pm »
 G22, How about I send you the sprouts? I don't want that nasty smelling tree growing in my yard. Another, non-native species. If it sprouts like that, it's worse than Bamboo trieing to control.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Shooter_G22

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 12:56:40 am »
lol...   im just saying... :D :D :D... ;)