Author Topic: trapped limbs on BB bows ?  (Read 2975 times)

Offline Bent Rig

trapped limbs on BB bows ?
« on: April 05, 2009, 10:22:23 pm »
Does anyone have any pics of trapped limbs on bamboo backed bows that they have made ? Something that I would like to try on a bow that I am making , just want to get a better idea before I try it myself .  8)
Syracuse , NY------------"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
                                                                                     - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: trapped limbs on BB bows ?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 11:41:14 pm »
This is a tri-lam bow. I rebuilt a boo backed yew after the yew fretted. I ground down the yew to about 1/8" and added an osage belly and retillered.   Because the back was dyed before trapping you can see the trapped boo backing.

\\

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 02:30:41 pm »
I lightly trapped the limbs on my BBI that I posted the other day. If you look in that thread, the back view pic shows the trapping-looks about like Pat's.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Bent Rig

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 06:03:42 pm »
Thanks Pat & Hb , I'll checkout your thread - now do both of you stop the last six inches up to the nock and not trap that area ?
Syracuse , NY------------"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
                                                                                     - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 12:21:40 am »
like this...

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Bent Rig

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 11:06:34 pm »
Thanks Pat !  ;D
                                                                                     - Benjamin Franklin