Author Topic: hello billy  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Blacktail

hello billy
« on: March 26, 2009, 06:49:10 pm »
hey billy,i have a favor to ask....since you are the only abo knapper here that i know of...do you have any photos  of the tools that you use...can you post one if you do...please and thank you.john

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

Re: hello billy
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 01:42:23 pm »
i think billy has quite a collection of abo tools from all the several posts i have seen, so im sure he will hook you up with some good photos.  I am an "Abo only" knapper.  i dont own a single copper tool  these are what i do all my work with,  i do have another elk billet for larger spalls but generally i dont use it much.  but this is pretty much all i use when i break stone-  Ryan

[attachment deleted by admin]
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 03:40:08 pm »
John, I do all of my percussion abo, I do use copper for pressure flaking some. I don't have any photos at the moment, but my percussion tools are a few gritty hammerstones, large and medium moose antler billets, a couple small whitetail antler billets, and wooden billets for knapping tough rock. 
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline billy

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 12:54:49 am »
HEy John,

got your message, I'll try to get a picture up on here within the next day or two.  HAd almost every day slammed full of crap to do, and I've got a stupid wedding to go to tomorrow, and since I'm a groomsman I'll have most of my day tied up with that.  I'll try to get some pictures on here by Sunday.

Marietta, Georgia

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 12:07:22 pm »
o.k. billy when ever you get a chance.hey ryan thats a great kit...thanks for sharing.john