Author Topic: signing your points  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Blacktail

signing your points
« on: March 23, 2009, 11:20:46 pm »
do any of you sign and date your points.and what do you use...i was thinking about getting an engraver but dont know if that is going to far.john

Offline Timo

Re: signing your points
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 11:39:17 pm »
I have a diamond scribe that works perty well.

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 08:00:59 am »
I think it's a good idea,a dimond scribe makes a very lite mark that doesn't take awy from the point.If the person wants it more noticable than a permanet marker(thin point) works fine.
Roger
Venice Florida

Offline billy

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 12:30:48 pm »
YEah, I sign my points.  I use a small diamond scribe...it looks like a ball point pen but has a very small industrial diamond on the tip.  you can scratch your name or initials into the point.  I usually put my initials "BB" on it, as well as the year it was made (2007, for example).  Since I use my points for hunting, maybe some day they will be found and the person who finds them, if they can read the engraving, will know when the point was made.....it's too bad the natives didn't do the same thing to their points....that would have been cool!
Marietta, Georgia

Offline Hardawaypoints

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 05:03:59 pm »
I sign my points with a diamond scribe with my initials & the year made.  Not that my points might often get confused with ancient ones, but if at any time somebody tried to sell them as ancient, there would be a permanent mark proving they weren't very old.

I'm not a fan of seeing ink on points and have seen many nice looking points inked to look worse than they need to be. Diamond scribes aren't all that expensive.  Mine is from J & M Diamond  in  E. Providence, R.I.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.