Author Topic: How fast will weight come off during tillering? (aka my new bow is done!)  (Read 8447 times)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: How fast will weight come off during tillering? (aka my new bow is done!)
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 11:00:39 am »
Excellent tiller! Well done. I did notice a question that I never answered. My apologies. You gotta keep after me. When a I'm making a bow from a character stave I leave the handle full width and the nocks extra wide about an inch until full draw. I can shape them both then to track the string better. Let's say the string is off to the left of center but on the handle. Remove more wood from the right of the handle. You can also cut the nock further on the left side of both nocks. That will bring the string towards center. I don't generally worry about natural twists unless they are excessive (30-40 degrees). Twists that I've caused by uneven wood removal are a different matter. Nice job. :) Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 11:24:29 am »
Nice bow on a challenging piece of wood,tiller looks good to me and I don't see any hinges either except on the door either. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Diligence

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 01:35:34 am »
Too funny....my last post on this thread was March 31, 2009!....I did not see all of your latest and very kind comments from December 2009.

I took Pat's advice and tried to shoot the snot out of this bow over this summer, but that was only about 200 hundred arrows (at most).  Time is scarce these days.

Anyway, I have developed a problem with this bow....and just posted that in a new Topic this evening.]

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,17507.0.html

If you don't mind jumping threads, I'd love to hear what you have to say.....if a mod deems it necessary, feel free to merge the threads...thanks,

Cheers,
Jaye
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 01:42:34 am by Diligence »
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.