Author Topic: FERROULITHIC ARROW POINT  (Read 6226 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
FERROULITHIC ARROW POINT
« on: March 19, 2009, 02:54:53 am »
I just bought a large quantity of these Points from a great Guy in Bend Oregon....and I was also given some that didn't even ask for! I am going to try these on some Arrows I am making for Pappys Bash in May....I will keep you posted when I get them made and How they fly....If they work as good or half as good as they look....I will be a Happy Hunter!! I also have some Hunting weight Points too....All of these Points are Cast from Authentic Flint Points....and even resemble Rock when Mounted with the Strength of Modern Steel....the Field/Target Points are 1" X 1/2"  and weigh 100 grain...and I weighed them....they are all within 2-3 grains ....and the Hunting Points are 2 1/4" X 1" and are right at 200 grain....and over the Legal Size Minimum for Hunting Deer and Turkey with here in Texas...the Small Game Points are 100 grain and are 1 1/4" X 5/8"..... All of these Measurements are the Point Measurements....not counting the Mounting Areas....I think I am going to be really happy with them all....

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Shooter_G22

Re: FERROULITHIC ARROW POINT
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 03:08:02 am »
Wow,
  those points are awsome lookng i really like them...  i have just been pondering about how to make some small game / field points to make a small game set from some privot and that look like they would be great and just what i have been imagining in my mind as far as the deminsion goes they are perfect and the rustic primitive look and feel with dependablity and strenght of steel and then to have them wiegh in really close...   i really like them

would you be willing to part with the info of where you got them..????  were they spnsive???

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 03:14:55 am »
send me an email....these damnged PM's won't go through....my email address is listed
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Cromm

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 08:09:11 am »
Great looking heads!!! I love mine and I am trying to get a load of the guys here at my archery club in the UK to buy some also.....
It's a hard time in the world at the moment and a little help can go along way in my eyes...
Thanks for your time.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Long Arrow

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 09:00:33 am »
That top batch sure look fantastic.

I wonder what the officials would say if I shot them at my local rendesvous? :)

Kevin

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 09:20:54 am »
Definately different Mike, but then again so are you ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 09:24:02 am »
Well those are odd. Never thought about doing them that way, hmm..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 09:54:30 am »
Cool ,can't wait to see them up close. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 09:07:34 pm »
I'm working on a Dozen Cane Arrows for the Classic Pappy....so you should be able to try them out even!

Different....Dana.....If dat aint Da Kettle Calling Da Pot Black............ >:D
2024...We Will Overcome

Shooter_G22

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 01:48:14 am »
i got the Pm El Destructo,

thanks,

i think im going to try and oder some in a few week..  got to send off some other postage fees first...

looks like some cool stuff he gots on his site i didnt want to look round too much untill im ready to order from the guy but i think im going to like him very well..   ;)  thanks for the link and help...

;D
 ;D

Offline DanaM

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 07:07:33 am »
I'm working on a Dozen Cane Arrows for the Classic Pappy....so you should be able to try them out even!

Different....Dana.....If dat aint Da Kettle Calling Da Pot Black............ >:D

So whos da kettle and who's da pot eh ;) Or is Toivo and Aino >:D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 02:26:52 am »
Yeah,  Gary the Blademaker is a great guy to deal with.  I've purchased some of his ferrolithic points, to use on 3D arrows.  The points are awesome, but I have't found a really durable way to tie them on.  The 3D targets chafe and wear at the bindings.  Thge points themselves are incredibly tough.  I hit a steel pig with one once and left an 1/8th inch deep dimple in the target, but the point was unscathed! "Course the shaft didn't hold up quite so well.
Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Long Arrow

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 09:02:22 am »
Gary,I have just gotten half a dozen of the small game heads.

Are you using the artificial sinew to tie them on?
Do you paint a glue on over them as a protective finish?

I was hoping the glue would act as a protection for the binding itself.
That way you can easily replace the glue finish instead of having to rebind the heads.

LongArrow

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 01:31:43 pm »
Hi Long Arrow,  I glued the heads in with epoxy, then tied on with deer sinew and cover the sinew with titebond.  I think thread and paint might have made a smoother and stronger product, but I haven't gotten around to trying yet.  I guaranty you'll get some funny looks if you take these points to a range.    Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 09:21:44 pm »
I used 2 ton epoxy to set Mine and then wrapped them with Sinew and Hide Glue to make them look more authentic....also you don't have to paint these Points....because they have been Blued with Gun Bluing....takes a lot to make the even try to Rust
2024...We Will Overcome