4)water filter
5)some wire for snares
6) heavy wool blanket
7) .22 pistol or rifle.
8)Tent
9)BackPack
10) Map of the area!

ricktrojanowski:
1.Small backpacking tarp. (super light and small)
2.space blanket
3.hatchet or small axe
4.leatherman
5.cord
6.magnesium fire starter (it burns so hot it will light up really damp to almost wet tinder)
7.Water purification tablets.
8.Container for water
9.22 rifle and cartridges
10.compass

Dane:

--- Quote from: yazoo on February 25, 2009, 06:46:19 pm ---you guys are over thinking the question ???  no what ifs   the question is what 10 items would you choose if you could for a survival situation?

--- End quote ---

Okay, but WHAT is the survival situation? All environments? All contingencies? Ones you full expect to have to deal with, and can plan ahead? See what I mean? Didn't mean to be pendantic, and it's a fun game, but not useful. When my car breaks down in a blizzard one day, that .410 shotgun is no good to me. If the somewhat elderly Yankee Vermont powerplant melts down, I doubt a compass or fishing gear is much use.

Anyway, have fun.

Dane

Arthur Herrmann:
The game is too easy with 10 items. I think the rules should be changed so that you can only take stuff that could fit in a glove box of a car.

Makes it more challenging.

If you want to get out of the woods, signal fires would be the way to go-if someone is looking for you. If you are going in and plan on hiking out then that would affect my list as well. There is many variables that affect what I would chose. Depends on the situation.

But for fun, my top three would be a big pot, the tracker knife, and those magnesium ferrocium combo sticks.

huntertrapper:
In my story he has a .22 mag. id take that, can kill a deer if close enough and a good shot. Also, a good fixed blade knife, a good hudson bay wool blanket, lighters or matches, hatchet or 'hawk, a small tin pot, maybe a good woods dog nothing better than a reliable companion in the woods. also, possible a good water filtration kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version