Author Topic: Rememberin the old days.  (Read 6714 times)

Offline Traxx

Rememberin the old days.
« on: February 24, 2009, 10:19:26 pm »
I know there are still a few of the old time members,from the old PA days left on here.But a few just drifted away.Wonder where they are now?
Im Rememberin names like River Rat,Bowmonkey,Arquerogringo.And what ever happened to that SOB Bowkinn?He was a character.LOL
Who else can ya think of?I miss them guys,n what they had to share.

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

Re: Rememberin the old days.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 11:35:45 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 11:40:08 pm »
Ah! the good old days! ;D   
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 08:28:57 am »
I think women were the main reason all of those left.  River Rat was a good guy but I think he got into trouble with his wife.  Bowmonkey had a nasty split from his wife from what I heard.  Arquerogringo got married and had a baby and Bowkin just made bad choices in women it would seem
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 01:39:44 pm »
I've wondered the same thing. BowKinn, Russ, River Rat Tony, Alberto, Dano (the one from Arkansas,) Sandman, Horseapple, many more regulars that just diappeared. Matt E checked in the other day.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 10:53:24 pm »
Alberto was from Italy and made fine bows. He, too, got married and became a father from what I heard. Here is one of his bows which received BOM in 2004 and then Bow of the Year.

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 09:38:17 am »
Yep Oldbow is right,  Alberto is one of the best. Got an email from him several months ago. He is a proud father and spending more time raising his family and making some custom furniture.  He said to tell everyone Hi and that he will eventually break out the yew billets that I sent him and make some more bows. ;)

Offline sonny

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 06:47:12 pm »
here's a pic of River Rat Tony that I've had around for years.
I have always admired that bow that he's holding....have one very similar roughed out right now from a piece of mulberry that Hillbilly gave to me, also years ago.
I'm gettin' everything ready to sinew back it (not really necessary, except the bow is so narrow)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 07:20:15 pm »
Glenn, looks like you're about as fast as me making bows nowadays. ;D I still haven't took the first shaving off that nice osage stave you gave me a couple years ago. It oughta be seasoned good by the time I get it tillered.:)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 07:41:15 pm »
You all remember that second bow I was working on last year at the Classic? Yep! Havn't touched it yet! Seems like I'm in the same boat as you are Hillbilly!!!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline snedeker

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 09:50:32 am »
Gator was another old timer.  Helped me out in a friendly manner early on.

Dave

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 11:40:34 am »
Dave, Nice to know you are still around. It's been a while. I was starting to consider you one of the old  timers!  ::) How are things with you?
  DKnight is Gator. He's going incognito these days. ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline snedeker

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 12:06:53 pm »
Pat,

I decided to wean myself from bowyering a little this past fall and winter to write a book, although I've spent most of the time gained lounging around with my beagles.  I found that its hard to be an occasional bowyer - lots of foulups.   I have a crabapple to post soon.

Dave

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 01:08:59 pm »
Can I buy a first addition, autographed copy?...ole buddy ole pal  ;D Maybe I should ask the subject matter. I would guess anthropology or a related subject.

Offline snedeker

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 03:53:27 pm »
Its fiction novel, science-fiction/fantasy, time travel oriented, set in central europe in the early middle ages.  Something of a tribute to Poul Anderson's Time Patrol stories of the 70s - 90s.  My first.  If I get it finished and published, you;ll get one alright.

I had no idea knight was gator.

D