Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321442 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #630 on: January 05, 2008, 12:28:10 am »
You must be shooting the leopard skin bow well. I hope you are successful. 8) Our season is over! :( I'm already planning for next years season. ;D 
   I was at Cade's Cove in the Great Smokies a few years ago in March and there were 2 bucks that still had antlers and they were chasing does. They don't do that unless it is for real.
Take some "doe n heat" with you.  ;)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #631 on: January 05, 2008, 12:30:24 am »
Ya well I'll have to find a volunteer ;) :D ;D lol.....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #632 on: January 06, 2008, 11:48:24 pm »
Good news..just successfully finished my 1st W-splice on Mullets bow....Bad news is its straighter than the original! :D Now...how the heck do you tiller one limb?? ;D  Thankyou Gary Davis for lettin me pick your brain..again and thankyou Roger for posting the how-to, it worked great!....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #633 on: January 06, 2008, 11:51:08 pm »
?????, should I have debarked the new limb before glueing it together? ;)...Brian

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #634 on: January 06, 2008, 11:57:53 pm »
PICS! ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #635 on: January 07, 2008, 12:03:01 am »
Gotta barrow a camera.....Brian

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #636 on: January 17, 2008, 01:29:02 pm »
Well, after studying Mullets broken limb, it might have been because of the spring growth ratio( couldnt be my lack of ability). But...upon studying the new limb I spliced on I discovered that it has way more spring growth than it should also...almost 50/50. :( how can I get around this? Will rawhide help, or should I just tiller it and see?....Brian

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #637 on: January 20, 2008, 03:28:17 am »
Anybody?????

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #638 on: January 20, 2008, 10:01:39 pm »
 ??? ??? ???
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #639 on: January 20, 2008, 11:14:08 pm »
  I have another stave. :o
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #640 on: January 20, 2008, 11:16:47 pm »
would it be a waste of time to mess with this one I have?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #641 on: January 21, 2008, 01:21:47 am »
Its never a waste of time to build a bow! ;)   I have used osage with 50/50 early/late wood. It might take a bit of set but it is still strong....usually. ;D      Pat

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #642 on: January 21, 2008, 10:41:16 pm »
Pat, I would have felt better bout it if'n ya hadnt a thrown in that cheesy grin :D. It would just break my heart if my first W-splice was wasted. :'(....Brian

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #643 on: January 21, 2008, 11:35:07 pm »
  I've worked the same kind of Osage. I still think there is no bad Osage. I'd take a heat gun,reflex it to offset the future set, and toast the hell out of the belly.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #644 on: January 22, 2008, 01:00:55 am »
Alrightythen...I'll give it a go...and after the Dr. is done with my stiches,...I'll start another one.lol....Brian