Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321648 times)

Offline Michael C.

Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #765 on: August 19, 2010, 03:47:03 pm »
Haha, I read this string all the way through when I first came onto this forum good to see friendship bows last so long :) Are you guys trying to revive this one or are you just trying to figure out if the bows have started growing back into trees yet?
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #766 on: August 29, 2010, 11:15:41 am »
You Guys are killin me, lol... sorry, i aint been on much lately so im out of the loop.... the problem i have is im sposed to send mine to Chris aka Agbowyer... i have his # if its still good... will try to call him later today and see whats happenin with him... the best stave i ever had is floating around somewhere with this, lol... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #767 on: August 29, 2010, 01:41:46 pm »
Last I talked to Chris he was moving and wasn't planning to get internet. The phone number I had isn't good any more so hopefully you will have better luck than me.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #768 on: September 06, 2010, 10:09:55 pm »
The first community bow sort of turned me off such things as this, nothing against Dano for what happened though.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #769 on: September 06, 2010, 11:46:56 pm »
Yeah, I made a nice leather back quiver with elk fur trim for that first Community Bow project. It disappeared never to be seen again!  ::)  >:(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #770 on: September 07, 2010, 10:23:04 am »
 Yea, I was involved in that one, too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #771 on: September 07, 2010, 02:11:22 pm »
Yeah, I made a nice leather back quiver with elk fur trim for that first Community Bow project. It disappeared never to be seen again!  ::)  >:(

That's odd, I made a Birch bark quiver for it as well

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #772 on: September 07, 2010, 07:11:08 pm »
I had some arrows in it.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #773 on: September 07, 2010, 08:08:02 pm »
Did anyone even get a tshirt after going through all this  ;D ;D ;D
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #774 on: September 07, 2010, 10:37:28 pm »
 I think there were about 2 dozen arrows made along with the bows, quivers and other stuff that went up in a Tornado. ::)

Brian, send me the bow that was supposed to go to Agbowyer and I'll finish it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #775 on: September 08, 2010, 05:54:29 am »
I think I was in that also,just been to long to remember. ;) ;D ;D Do we know where all these staves are now.  ???
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #776 on: September 08, 2010, 11:18:57 am »
Was that the one with the sinew backed osage bow with a tanned boa or python skin on it? I did the tip work on that bow. That was my first Community Bow project.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #777 on: September 08, 2010, 05:15:45 pm »
What do you guys need to finish this off? I'm no pro but if I can help I'd be happy to lend a hand and see it finished. I think it would be a good ending to this story anyway if anyone who wanted to help threw in what they could and then see the results.

Cicero

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #778 on: September 08, 2010, 05:20:49 pm »
Thanks for the offer Michael but if we added more people to this mix I'm afraid it would end up being a few more years in the making.  ;D  Fortunately most of us are friends and understand these things. It will work out....eventually!  ::)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #779 on: September 08, 2010, 06:12:05 pm »
No it wasn't that one Pat.  It was the first community bow put out and it was a Hickory bow made in a Mohegan style.  I tillered the bow out and made a Birch bark quiver for the project, I think Jamie made some arrows for that project.  Dano's (Darren Higginson) marriage fell apart while he had all the parts, he was going to send them off to PA, and that was the end of that.  He came back on a few years later, explained and apologized and then disappeared again.  I still have some pictures of the bow and quiver kicking around someplace

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com