Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321243 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #405 on: March 26, 2007, 02:11:56 pm »
Keenan most will scrape off when Im done. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #406 on: March 26, 2007, 02:17:51 pm »
Man that looks neat Justin. I'll try not to get too excited till you finish. ;)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #407 on: March 26, 2007, 06:00:55 pm »
Great job Pappy,you are the miracle worker.I think a strip on Pat's bow is a good idea.
   Steve,If you want to save shipping to me on that bow,I'll be at Chris Cade's turkey hunting this coming Friday thru Wednesday.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #408 on: March 27, 2007, 05:58:18 am »
I got it glued on last night and will work it down tonight and see what happens.I may try
and rap  at the end of the fades and in the middle,don't know if it need it but I have had problems with handles and al tho this is not a handle it could still cause a problem.I don't
know I am still thinking about it.I haven't heard from Koan lately ,has anyone else :-\.I will be sending him a couple hopefully in a few days.If not this week the first of next. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #409 on: March 27, 2007, 09:40:45 am »
Man that looks neat Justin. I'll try not to get too excited till you finish. ;)

Ouch,   Have a little faith. The power of positive thinking might help, and I might need the help.  ;D Seriously, she will be fine. This is Marc StLouis's version of heat treating.   Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #410 on: March 27, 2007, 10:33:15 am »
Justin, I have faith in you. Just giving you a hard time.... Chris

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #411 on: March 27, 2007, 11:09:02 am »
Seeing these potential problems and seeing them worked out is very interesting and I am enjoying the process. Pappy, I appreciate your effort and look forward to seeing the finished product.   This is what working with wood bows is all about...a continuous learning process.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #412 on: March 27, 2007, 11:54:57 am »
Well stated Pat,You always have something that don't go according to plan ,I guess that is what I love about it,you never learn it all. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #413 on: March 27, 2007, 12:07:36 pm »
Some day I hope to learn half of what you two know. Or even half of what you have forgotten. Justin

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #414 on: March 27, 2007, 01:53:41 pm »
I wish I could remember half of what I have forgotten.  ??? CRS has been coming on for a while now!  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #415 on: March 27, 2007, 04:31:25 pm »
 Pat my wife would say I am the worst as far as short term memory. But I don't think it's as much a memory problem as it is a distraction problem.   
  The day befor we left Texas I lost our digital camera,,,,,,Could not for the life of me remember where I had put it and the way my wife was glaring at me I think I was in serious danger.
  Turned out my Dad found the camera the next day. It was on they bow of his boat.  I now remember getting the camera to take some pics but spotted a nice ERC back in the woods and went to investigate. That ofcoarse led to spotting several other trees witch led to searching for a saw that led to going on a stave run. Finnishing up several hours later around dark.  And then not realizing the camera was even misplaced till the next morning while boarding the plane.
  Amasingly I seem to be able to remember where one particular tree is in the middle of the forest but can't remember where I put the car keys,cell phone,notebook or anything els that is important.   Keenan

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #416 on: March 28, 2007, 05:55:14 am »
I got Pat's strip glued up day before yesterday and worked most of the way down yesterday.
Going to work it down a little more today and rap it in at least 3 places and re tiller Friday and hope for the best,O the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat.I will have some pictures in a day or 2. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #417 on: March 28, 2007, 12:50:49 pm »
Anybody heard from Brian lately?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #418 on: March 28, 2007, 08:54:13 pm »
No I haven't,and I was just asking about on here a day or 2 ago.I finished Pat's today and will have some pictures in the morning.It looks a lot better.It turned out 51@26 and the belly strip helped the tiller a lot.I need to send it to Brian a long with Hillbilly's in a day
or two,but would like to hear from him before I send them. ???
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #419 on: March 29, 2007, 01:28:25 am »
Can't wait to see her.  ;D      Pat