Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321074 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2007, 10:36:55 pm »
   Good luck on the hunt,and bring home some bacon ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2007, 12:55:43 am »
I just got in here, and I know its too late to help this time, but I hope this is done again. The neateast thing would be seeing the results of others work. If its done again I'd love to be a part.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2007, 05:08:54 pm »
  Hey noboby has really gotten started yet.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2007, 08:59:16 pm »
If you are serious we can get you in.  Lots of the staves haven't been mailed out yet so we can adjust. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2007, 11:26:48 am »
I am serious. How does this work? I have a few staves laid up. I should probably ask how much character can the stave have? If you want a really clean one I might have to splice some billets.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 11:30:27 am by Agbowyer »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2007, 02:36:34 pm »
Chris, The stave you send out will eventually come back to you as a bow. I personally don't have a problem with character bows but some might be uncomfortable working on one that belongs to someone else.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2007, 04:29:01 pm »
Chris, The stave you send out will eventually come back to you as a bow. I personally don't have a problem with character bows but some might be uncomfortable working on one that belongs to someone else.   Pat
You might feel uncomfortable with me working on your character bow.  :o  They are wood bows and we all know that perfect wood is rare. I don't know if I could tiller a serious character bow.  As long as you aren't scared to let someone else work on it, feel free to use it. There is no reason why you cant splice a couple of billets if you want to do that either.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2007, 06:19:24 pm »
   I don't have a problem with character bows either and looking at Pappy's bows ,I don't think he does either.I started to send him one that would have a hole in the limb above the handle.I'd say jump on in,the more the merrier.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2007, 09:43:40 pm »
Sounds great. I'm in. Now what?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2007, 09:54:39 pm »
  Send me 3 staves and Justin will get you registered. ;)see simple
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2007, 10:05:05 pm »
Sounds a lot like "send all your money to my bank in the Caymans and we'll double it" Is there an updated list? Who do I send my stave to ahrisnd who do I get one from.... Chris
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 11:37:48 pm by Agbowyer »

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2007, 01:46:38 am »
Eddie I thought the three stave payment was for guys from NC.  He is from Tx. and those guys were supposed to line up a javelina hunt for everyone so we can all get together and hunt with the friendship bows when we are finished. I cant believe you forgot the Texas clause.  ;D  We will put you in between Brian (Koan) and Keenan (Bornagainprimitive).  Brian if you have sent yours out let me know and we can do something different.  Justin
Pat B.   
Hillbilly   
Mullet   
Pappy   
Koan 
Agbowyer 
Bornagainprimitive   
Justin Snyder

SW Utah

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2007, 04:38:48 pm »
Well javalina might be tough. There pretty far south and west of here. Would hogs do? Saw one of those this morning while duck hunting. I was using a shotgun....sorry. I sent a message to you keenan.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2007, 07:21:42 pm »
Justin, no problem with the switchup, keenan hadnt pm me his adress yet. Got a pristene 7' sage stave. By the way what is the best way to pack and ship? Who is the best to ship thru, UPS, USPC....... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2007, 07:23:31 pm »
 ;D Ohya, welcome Agbowyer

Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....