Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321072 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2007, 09:46:59 am »
That is one smart pup. That is one of my favorite places too. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2007, 01:41:40 pm »
Justin, I got the stone points from Cowboy yesterday. Do you want me to haft them on the shafts or send them along to you with the shafts. Don't matter to me.  Actually, I need to get to work on the shafts and get them done.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2007, 11:43:34 pm »
 Moderator,wrong post.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2007, 01:07:19 am »
RHO RHO!    ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2007, 11:56:59 am »
Hi guys, don't know how I missed this post but with the forum being so full lately I barely have time to lurk thru the bows a bit, my wife got to complaining that all I did was play with the computer and bows and had no time for her so klindof slowed down for a while. took me forever just to vote for bow of the month. Super thing you have going on here and I will be looking in with enthusiam to see how these bows turn out, if you could all get together for a hunt with these bows would be even icing on the cake. Maybe if there is a round two I will be able to get in.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2007, 12:19:02 pm »
Pat, I gotta admit you scared me a little with that post. I thought uh oh, I gotta make some primitive arrows :-[ I don't know how to knap. Will someday, but for now I use dowells and zwickey. I cut some yaupon awhile back, but never could get them straight. Made a dowling jig with my router table using an article in PA. Got some usable arrows, but had a devil of a time getting the jig lined up to cut the same on both sides. I hope to get to one of the gatherings some day to get some help on arrows.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2007, 09:02:26 pm »
Brian I got it sent off today ,coming by mail should be there in a couple of days.Let me know when you get it.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2007, 05:46:22 pm »
Cool Pappy, Chris, ill be sendin mine to ya in next couple days-let ya know. Finally got done movin so I can get back to important stuff. lol.....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2007, 05:52:15 pm »
Glad you got your move done. I'm ready, found my draw knife under a pile of shavings yesterday. Knew there was some reason I needed to clean the shop.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2007, 09:02:35 pm »
Ha guys don't yall think we need some kind of list of what each person should do.I got Mullet's stave today and don't know if I should just get it to a growth ring,or lay it out and floor tiller or tiller it to what he wants.There are several in this so we need to be sure there is something for all to do.I have a bad habit of going to far.What do yall think?Do we know for sure who all is in I know several got out.I think I send it to Koan next.Let's talk about it and see what everyone thinks about how much to do and how many of us there are.
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2007, 09:32:30 pm »
 I got a stave picked out for Chris and debarked and roughed out, I'm wandering the same thing.  Justin your package will go out tommarrow.
  Also don't forget to do up a (birthcertificate) (for your bow) for people to sign.  I used some card stock and made one up on the computer it was alot of fun. I gave some history about the stave's origin and how it came to be a stave and left some lines for people to sign and write what they did.
 If you look and any birth cert. It will give you some ideas. But here again this is just a record for you and your bow so don't feel pressured.   I thought it was fun, and would be honered to have everyones signitures or stamp, logo what ever on there.   Keenan

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2007, 12:01:44 am »
 UMMM,Keenan? My stave is headed your way .Did you dry out some skins? ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2007, 12:56:07 am »
I think the 2nd person to get the stave should cut it to shape and reduce it to a bow blank of a specific type. The bow's design goes to the 2nd in line. The tiller is the 3rd and so on.  That's what I did with Justin's stave before I gave it to Steve. My stave I gave to Steve was a raw, white oak stave.
   keenan, The birth certificate is a good idea. Justin just e-mailed me about the same thing. I'll have to make one up and get it to Steve.   Pat

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2007, 06:15:33 am »
Mullet I have your stave.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2007, 11:33:53 am »
Eddie, mine should go out in a couple days. My understanding is that the first person should rough it out, second person tiller, and so on? I figured I would get Pat's stave roughed out, and tiller Justin's. Eddie will rough mine out and tiller Pat's, and Pappy will rough Eddie's out and tiller mine, etc.?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 11:37:45 am by Hillbilly »
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.