Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321306 times)

duffontap

Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #510 on: May 01, 2007, 04:34:31 am »
Keenan, you just need to say to him, 'I ain't afraid to go back to jail.'

J. D. Duff

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #511 on: May 01, 2007, 12:53:17 pm »
I think you should go take care of the kid for him J.D.. Slip a gunny sack over his head and beat him.  ::) Even if he does see you, he don't know you.  You live close enough to sneak over and take care of it, but far enough tonever be seen again.  ;) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Keenan

« Reply #512 on: May 01, 2007, 02:57:28 pm »
 Thanks JD and Justin,  I did have a sit down hart to hart and I did let him know that with one phone call he would be facing 7 yrs.  I'm not sure why but for some reason I really had the erge to knapp a spear point while talking to him,,,,,Seems like it would be a very theraputic thing to do.  However mercy prevailed and God reminded me what I was like at his age. It wasn't right and still hurts but inside I know they are both kids trying to grow up.   The desire to play with a new spear tip is still there however..,... Keenan
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 03:04:09 pm by Bornagainprimitive »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #513 on: May 01, 2007, 06:38:53 pm »
  Keenan,I sure know what you are going through.My daughter is grown up now and very responsible but When I hear stories like yours I still can't forget the day I came home and found her and a friend in the act at 16.I had to walk by the room with all my guns, swords, and bows and take a breather before I threw the boy out.I really thought about feeding the gators when he smiled and introduced hisself.But you know they do change when they get older.Ahh,girls,they will do anything to make Daddy smile and always find away to break his heart. :-\
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #514 on: May 02, 2007, 01:38:59 pm »
  Thanks for the encouragement Eddie,  I have worked with youth for years doing camps and spoke to kids in juvinal detention for years as well as couselling youth and parents. Often I found myself wondering how I would respond to various senarios and here we are.

"Ahh,girls,they will do anything to make Daddy smile and always find away to break his heart."   Well said.   

Thanks, Keenan

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #515 on: May 02, 2007, 03:58:26 pm »
Thank god you didn't do anything drastic! Like pitching the kid to the gators. Glad you could have a discusion with the young man.  Let the tempers settle before talken is my thoughts. People, especially the young ones seem to respond better. But on the other hand as my grandpa used to say:

"Kids, you can tell'em! But ya cant tell em much!"

Be patient and have a good sit down with your daughter. Have faith, everything will come out right in the end!

David T
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 04:22:00 pm by D. Tiller »
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #516 on: May 02, 2007, 03:59:55 pm »
Hang in there Keenan. My daughter is now 36 and an attorney. They do eventually grow up and become nice folks again. ;)  When Meredith went off to college she called me one night just to say she was sorry for being such an *sshole as she grew up. That made it all worth while. ;D Sometimes, especially in their teens, its hard to believe that they will ever get over it. Most do!!! ;D.
 As she was growing up, I tried to remember what it was like at her age.  ::) Sometimes that worked but sometimes it just scare the hell out of me! :o    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

duffontap

« Reply #517 on: May 02, 2007, 11:58:30 pm »
Way to stand up for your daughter Keenan.  There aren't many 18 year old boys who could take me in a fight and I plan to keep it that way for the next 20 years.   :P

J. D. Duff

Offline Keenan

« Reply #518 on: May 21, 2007, 10:11:20 pm »
 Hey Guys sorry for falling off the board lately, been crazy on the home front and work front as well. Thanks for the encouragement and support.
  I'm trying to get my part done here and get a few mpre of these bows to Justin. But it's proving to be a challenge.  I ruptured my bicep ten days ago and have still been working up till now,  with alot of pain.  Found out this morning I'm scheduled for surgery next Tuesday, Then out for 4-6 weeks. Ruptured my left bicep two years ago and not looking forward to going through this again.
  Elk season 13 weeks away just adds to bummer. I'll do my best to keep my end of this deal for you guys.  Thanks for all your support.   Keenan   

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #519 on: May 21, 2007, 11:21:14 pm »
Keenan, man you are having some bad luck. If it helps you out you can bypass tillering or drawing bows and add tips or something, then send them on. It don't have to be done in any specific order. You missed elk season last year for health reasons. Now maybe another.  That really sucks.  Don't let it get you down.  You can still get out and hunt, even if you cant shoot.  We will be praying for you.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #520 on: May 21, 2007, 11:50:45 pm »
  Man Keenan,I'm really sad to hear that.That's a big muscle,how do you rupture that?Therepy has got to be hell.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #521 on: May 22, 2007, 01:55:32 am »
 Thanks Justin & Eddie,   I'm going to work like crazy to try to be ready but if not at least I can guide for my wife and a few buddies this year.Calling in mad bulls for my best friend (wife) and a few buddies, dosen't get much better than that dose it?
  Eddie, I was given two golf coarse mowers that a local golf coarse was giving away.One of wich I'm donating to the ampetheater that we just built at our church.They helped us out alot through the heart surgery last year and we wanted to give back.
 But in the process I lifted a beam that was to much and blew the bicep.
  To reattach they have to drill through the bone and pull the tenden through and stich into the muscle on the other side then the bone grows in and holds the tenden. Went through this with the other arm two years ago.  You would think that I would learn but I've always been very fit and work out daily and still have a 20 yr old mind in a 46 yr old body.   
  Allthough we've had some rough times there has been alot of blessings as well. And it would not be right to accept the good and reject the other.  Beside there are many that have it much worst then what we have had.   Thanks....Keenan
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:58:28 am by Bornagainprimitive »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #522 on: May 22, 2007, 05:54:30 am »
Keenan Sorry to hear about your problems,wished there was something I could do to help I guess it will just take time,I know about that 20 year old in a old mans body. :)I would be glad to do anything on the bows you want me to do,Like justin said it don't have to be in any order and
I would be glad to help out.I don't know what is where anyway or who has what so I guess as long as they get back home sometime it really don't matter.One thing for sure as for me I ant in any hurry,I have plenty of bow to shoot.The main thing is take care of yourself. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #523 on: May 22, 2007, 09:10:38 am »
  Thanks Pappy, You all are a fine group of good hearted people. I'm going to try to consentrate on what I can do like Justin said tips,skins handles or what ever I can come up with for that particular bow.
  As for helping out you all do more then you know. Just being able to see pics of your rondevous and all the guys sippin on coffee or suds makes me wish I was there yo here some of the stories.
  Hope to show up down there some day and drool over your bows in person.      Keenan

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #524 on: May 22, 2007, 10:04:59 am »
Keenan, Take care of yourself. You ain't no spring chicken anymore and we don't heal like we used to. I hate to hear that you will miss another season hunting. I guess your wife will have to take that big bull you've been eyeballing. ;)   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC