Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321267 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #450 on: April 06, 2007, 05:47:45 am »
Koan,they got there yet? Let me know when you get them so I can rest easier,Old men need there rest. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #451 on: April 06, 2007, 09:39:10 pm »
Ya Pappy they came Today.Now u can relax ;D. Mailman was real impressed with them and others in the shop,lol. Maybe another convert eh...? You know you live in a great place when the mailman has time to stop and visit....ah Mayberry life, oh and aunt Bee made a homade cherry pie...really, it was good, still warm.

Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #452 on: April 07, 2007, 12:30:48 am »
Well Chris, do you want the good news or the bad news?  The good news is I am learning a ton about yew.  The bad news is we are starting over again.  I heat treated the limb and started tillering it.  It started to take a lot of set on the same limb again.  It had a little natural deflex there, and it just seemed to want to build on it.  I decided to heat that area again and add a little extra reflex to that spot to compensate.  Well I might have put a little to much pressure on it, and KABOOM.  I think the third time is the charm.   ;D We will get there, eventually.   Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #453 on: April 07, 2007, 11:41:38 am »
EVERYONE RUN and hide your yew and kids. Justin is tillering again :o   Justin, you might want to try ironwood! ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #454 on: April 07, 2007, 02:42:09 pm »
Pat, does that mean you are mailing me a piece?  ;D I would tell you to cover your ears too, but I get so mad I cant make a sound.  Think of it this way.  With every bow you break you learn something.  Pretty soon I will know EVERYTHING;) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #455 on: April 07, 2007, 05:37:11 pm »
I love an optimist!!!  ;D    Pat   
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #456 on: April 07, 2007, 06:30:09 pm »
Justin, I'm holding your gar skins hostage ;D ;D ;D

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #457 on: April 07, 2007, 08:53:50 pm »
OH NO CHRIS! I'm having enough stress about it. Stress and bow building are a BAD combo.  I better go get me another diet coke and take a couple of deep breaths.  Justin

SW Utah

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #458 on: April 07, 2007, 09:47:31 pm »
Justin.....BOOOOMMMM!!! That agonizing sound of a blow blowing....AGAIN!!!  ;D

Just pulling your leg!

David T.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #459 on: April 07, 2007, 09:57:45 pm »
I wish you guys would point this out to every new guy on the site. Then they would know it happens to everyone. (except Pat)  ;D Maybe start a new post on the bow board titled JUSTIN BLOWS ANOTHER YEW;D Oh wait, I am a new guy compared to Pat, Pappy, Bob, Eddie, Steve, Keenan. I feeling kinda wet behind the ears. Maybe I should go get some baby food.   :D Justin

SW Utah

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #460 on: April 07, 2007, 10:27:48 pm »
Justin, just kidding about the gar skins, but it will be another week for them. I have one large gar from last week that I kept the skin from. I was going back out this weekend, but we actually have ice on the ground :o Very unusual for us anytime much less in April. Supposed to be back up in the mid 50s tomorrow. The water probably won't be warm enough to find gar in significant numbers till next weekend. Anyway I'll get them to you after that.... Chris

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #461 on: April 07, 2007, 10:51:36 pm »
I know you were just trash-in with me.  Maybe you can go ICE FISHING.   ;D  I don't know how that works. I thought ice was the stuff you get in your drink at a fancy restaurant.  Justin

SW Utah

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #462 on: April 08, 2007, 12:10:34 am »
Sorry to hear bout that Justin. Try,try again. Got Mullits ready for the long string but got tired mentally and physically so it was time to stop for the night. Justin, roofing sucks!! Specially in 30 mile an hour wind!!!! You must have nerves of steel to do that every day. Never wanna see a 12/12 roof again!

Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #463 on: April 08, 2007, 12:18:46 am »
Hey Justin, Check out my "What to do" post.  ;D   Pat

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #464 on: April 08, 2007, 10:39:11 am »
I was gonna suggest that, Pat, but I was being a good boy for once ::)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.