Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321184 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #345 on: March 18, 2007, 01:12:36 am »

Pat, I saw your bow today...looking good. The hickory strip Pappy glued on added plenty of weight back. The bow had a good tiller before he added the hickory, just lite in weight. Should be a easy tiller as long as the strip holds. He used TBIII... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #346 on: March 18, 2007, 11:39:03 am »
Better you than me.  ;D    Pat
Yea, that is exactly what I was thinking.  I was afraid it wasn't going to track right, so I couldn't send it to you.  It wouldn't be very nice of me to pass along my screw up.  ;) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Keenan

« Reply #347 on: March 18, 2007, 12:50:35 pm »
 Hey Chris, Your going to come out really fine on this one. Not quite as much character but a real beauty of a stave. Don't woory Pat I think you'll have fun with this one.  Keenan

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #348 on: March 18, 2007, 05:00:41 pm »
  Just got back from hunting.Man that really blows ,no pun intended, about the yew.Kinda like my weekend.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #349 on: March 18, 2007, 08:17:40 pm »
Justin, I got a good bit done on yours today. It's been rainy and humid here for the last few days, not too good for hickory. Finally got some time to work on it today when it wasn't damp and icky. It's bending good on the long string, should be able to finish tillering in a couple more sessions. I'll try to get some pics up in the next few days.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #350 on: March 18, 2007, 09:44:10 pm »
   Here are some pics of Chris's new stave. It's tight grained yew with one natural reflexed tip. This one 66" tip to tip so a little more wood to work with for Chris's draw Justin. And no twist to worry about. And Pat still get to play with some more yew.      Keenan

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #351 on: March 18, 2007, 11:59:34 pm »
Oh well Justin, the good thing about breaking one is you get to start another. Keenan, that a beautiful piece of wood. I been out in the shop all day cleaning up a little and trying to get ready for the guy Pappy put me in contact with from Houston. He's coming up next week to work on a bow for his Grandson (I think). He's never done any bow work so it should be fun. I love bringing new people in to my number one pastime.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #352 on: March 19, 2007, 01:41:31 am »
Ooo! thats purty.  Justin, are you :o gonna bend that straight limb tip up? If so, go easy!  ;D
Now that he has mailed my goodie box out I can say that. ::)    Pat
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 10:33:48 am by justin snyder »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #353 on: March 19, 2007, 07:29:53 am »
Well I got Pats to brace Friday evening and it is looking good so far.I was going to finish tillering it Sat. or Sunday but with the shoot going on I was spread to thin ,so I will get back on it this week.and then on to the Vine Maple.It is straight ,just needs to be thinned a little more and get it floor tillered.Maybe this week also.I hope,don't want to hold up the process up just got a little behind. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #354 on: March 19, 2007, 10:35:39 am »
Ooo! thats purty.  Justin, are you :o gonna bend that straight limb tip up? If so, go easy!  ;D
Now that he has mailed my goodie box out I can say that. ::)    Pat

OUCH!! Yes Pat I will, but I'm going to do all the fun stuff to this one before I send it to you.  In fact maybe Ill do a whole bunch then mail it strait to Hillbilly.  ;D Did you forget I can delete your post now.  :-*  I marked it as eddited so you wouldn't forget.  ;D
Keenan,  Does it still need to be R/D? That is pretty long now. Justin
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 10:37:13 am by justin snyder »
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #355 on: March 19, 2007, 11:16:52 am »
Give a man a little power and he thinks he can take over the world.  ;D
JUstin, I'm sure you will do a fantastic job!  :-*     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #356 on: March 19, 2007, 11:28:05 am »
   Thats your call Justin, Heck I was thinking maybe we should do something ratical like flex the other tip down,,,LOL We could call it the new (automatic release) design and Pat could be the first to try it out,,,,lol

"Delete your post"  Wow you better straighten up Pat.  I'd hate to see a deletion war break out.  lol   Keenan

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #357 on: March 19, 2007, 11:35:09 am »
Do y'all remember a few years ago, somebody (I believe it was Milo maybe) posted pics of a static recurve where they weren't paying attention and bent one tip up and the other one down? Maybe you could do it like that, that was quite a unique bow  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #358 on: March 19, 2007, 11:37:12 am »
Uh Oh :o

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #359 on: March 19, 2007, 12:56:53 pm »
I think Chris was after CHARACTER wasn't he. Justin

SW Utah