Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321131 times)

Offline Agbowyer

Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #225 on: March 02, 2007, 01:41:13 pm »
Brian, I got Pappy's stave this morning. Keenan I shipped Brian's stave to you. You should get it Monday or Tuesday. When you go to ship it you might want to cut the box down. With the reflex it comes to 86". I didn't even think about it cause Brian hadn't been charged. I coulda cut 12" off. Its too much hassle to get back into the PO so I just sent it on. As soon as my wife emails me the pics I'll post them. She turned 50 today so she's not in a good mood ???

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2007, 04:51:59 pm »
Pat, I don't know much about Yew so I didn't touch the back.  Keenan had removed the bark and most of the cambium so I figured he had it to where it would hold together. I wasn't going to mess with a good thing.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #227 on: March 02, 2007, 07:11:57 pm »
Here's Brian's baby in the first stages of birth.... The first pics are of the belly check I was worried about.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #228 on: March 02, 2007, 07:33:44 pm »
lookin good Chris. ;D...Did I do ok on Pappys stave? Couldnt get it to take any reflex where that knot is by the fade. Wasnt sure how far to go removing wood, probably still a little stiff for floor tillered. Left it long(66") so you would have  more options on tiller style, hope its alright.

Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2007, 07:55:12 pm »
No problem brian. After looking at Pappys project bow, I plan to tiller a hinge into both sides of this one ;). I just had a second to look at it this mornin. It looks good. If I have time I may post a couple of pics for you, or at least some before and after pics before I send it on. I got yours bending about 6" on floor... Chris

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2007, 08:08:35 pm »
Thanks Chris, if you could post a couple that would be great, had tech. difficulties on this end when I tried, camera is junk!- Wasnt sure where to stop on tiller, the couple a bows Ive done didnt have stoppin points, they were logs then they shot arrows...lol

Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Keenan

« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2007, 10:26:38 pm »
  Boy thats looking good guys. I forget how yeller that wood is. Don't get much of it around here. and it always a treat when I do. 
  Good Idea Chris: (built in hinges) I never thought of do that befor.      lol      Keenan

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #232 on: March 04, 2007, 03:42:43 pm »
I know it's here somewhere but I can't find it! Keenan, What is your draw length and what draw weight range? I think I'm getting close. I'm doing a little more adjusting the tips with heat but I shot her today and she's a shooter.  Boy do I like yew!..and you and you!   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #233 on: March 04, 2007, 03:58:42 pm »
 hey Pat thanks, My draw length is 25"  Yes I know  ,,,,,I have short arms,lol   And I generally shoot for around 55-60 but whatever it comes in at is fine. I'm still working my way back up on the poundage. My sturnum is healed fine but still getting the muscle built back up. My ambush bow is still a little hard to hit full draw with.  Looking forward to seeing it.     Keenan

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: March 04, 2007, 05:43:59 pm »
Keenan,
 She will probably come out a bit light but here she is so far...    Pat

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #235 on: March 04, 2007, 07:19:27 pm »
  Hey Pat,Slow down a little ;)I don't need 3 bows piling up here.I almost have yours tillered and I'll start chopping Steve's out tomorrow.I just got back from the shoot.Tom and Chris came down looking for sunshine but it rained all Fri night and then we shot 15 targets Sat in the rain.Really crappy scores but fun.I passed my contractors test Fri so I have time now.I'll get a move on it.
  Chris are those Merriam's on your wall?They look light to be Rio's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #236 on: March 04, 2007, 07:20:27 pm »
Thats lookin purty good Pat....Brian

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #237 on: March 04, 2007, 07:36:56 pm »
Pat, that is impressive, not everybody can take a bow I have messed up and turn it into something so beautiful.

Mullet, they are just watching out for you.  Last week you were crying because you had nothing to work on.  Don't have that problem anymore do you.  ;D

Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #238 on: March 04, 2007, 08:32:16 pm »
 Justin,Nooooope. :-\
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #239 on: March 04, 2007, 09:22:32 pm »
  Wow Pat that is lookin awesome. I knew you were the man for the job. Thats some good tillering for a limb with a hole through it. If it's a little light thats ok. That will help me shootin till I get back in shape. LOL hope I do as good on that yeller wood comin my way.  Keenan