Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321119 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2007, 01:35:47 am »
I'm taking advantage of the downtime between bows to try to catch up with my own projects.  In a couple of days I hope to post some pics of what I have been doing.  These bows are my priority though.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Keenan

« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2007, 01:38:20 am »
What a blast,  It's really cool knowing that all these awesome bowyers that I've come to know and respect through this site are jointly helping make a bow that I get to keep and shoot. On top of that I get to poor my heart into helping biuld one for each of the other participants. Each bow offering a different phase of consrtuction and it's own unique characteristics. Each bow also taking on some of the character imparted by the hands that crafted it.      Justin this is fun,   Thank you. 

Pat, have fun, you have much more talent then you give yourself credit for....I've seen your work   

Justin, I should be sending Chris's bow out tommarrow.      Keenan

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2007, 08:02:45 pm »
Keenan, I sent you a PM. I need your email address... Chris

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2007, 12:00:40 am »
Keenan, I'm actually looking forward to it. I've only worked with a few pieces of yew so I anticipate the opportunity.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2007, 07:48:35 am »
Mullet,just wondering how hillbilly's stave was coming.I have finished the time consuming part of my snake bow so I have some time now to do another.No hurry ,just wondering.Koan did you have some questions on Mullet's stave?How is it looking?It was real crooked and may need a little more
straighting I wasn't sure how much until it was braced :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2007, 11:12:51 am »
Pappy, I just sent it to him a few days ago along with Pat's  stave that I roughed out. I know, I know, I'm slow.  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2007, 12:40:55 pm »
No problem,I was just checking,Making sure it wasn't at the post office and I didn't know about it.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2007, 02:30:12 pm »
Keenan, I just emailed the Birth Certificate to you. I should send Brian's stave in the next day or two. Been swamped at work >:(

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: February 28, 2007, 05:28:56 pm »
OOPS, hey Pat when you get Keenans stave and the birth certificate isn't in there don't be surprised, I FORGOT AGAIN.  ??? Ill mail it to you today.   Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: February 28, 2007, 05:56:31 pm »
Justin, Were the 2 birth certificates you sent for just you and me. I guess everyone else has one?   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2007, 06:48:27 pm »
Justin, Were the 2 birth certificates you sent for just you and me. I guess everyone else has one?   Pat
Yes, everybody was going to make their own so the first guy in line after them could sign it.  Justin

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #206 on: February 28, 2007, 07:33:28 pm »
Hey Pappy,I just got the wood yesterday.I just came in from working on Pat's bow,almost done with the tiller.I've been studying hillbilly's like a diamond cutter.I put it in my climate controlled room, (Bow and gun room with airconditioner going),last night.Well I took it out this afternoon and one tip had checked all the way trough for about 2".No biggy ,just added to the challenge of laying it out.I think it's about to be laid out as a snaky bow.I'm going to try to do it with out allot of steaming to take advantage of the knots,adds more character.Pappy I probally won't get allot done on it this weekend.The Fl. state 3-D shoot is this Fri,Sat, Sun. Also there wasn't any Birth certificates with these staves and I forgot to send one with mine.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #207 on: February 28, 2007, 08:00:18 pm »
 Here is a copy of the Birth cert that I made up.  I decided to have some fun with it and took the general format of a real birth cert and  imprevised..... Might give ya some ideas.   Keenan

Certificate of Birth

Certificate Number     KLH70x7

1. Name:                           Circle of Bowyers  C.O.B.

2. Sex:                             Male 

3. Birth Date:                   1900”s

4. Mothers birthpalce;         Cascade Mountain Range   

5. Fathers Name:               Taxus Brevifolia Nut

6. Fathers Birth Place         Casecade Mountain Range  next to Mother Tree

Childhood spent growing and developing strong growth rings for my future calling of becoming a deadly weapon in
the sport of archery. Like thousands befor me, to follow the footsteps of a former way of life I have been carefully selected
and set aside to season untill mature enough to fullfill my duties of service. I will strive to flex my limbs to shoot
straight, that I may give substance and life for another. The names listed below are of the skilled bowyers that brought me
to life and handcrafted my personality and contributed to my training to become a bow. Not just any bow, but a bow
from the Circle of Bowyers.

Name:                                                             Training Given:
    1.__________________________                _________________________________

2.__________________________                _________________________________

3.__________________________                _________________________________

4.__________________________                _________________________________

5.__________________________                _________________________________

6.__________________________                _________________________________

7.__________________________                _________________________________

Offline Keenan

« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2007, 08:01:39 pm »
For some reason the lines for signing appear to have moved,,lol Keena

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2007, 08:29:09 pm »
The birth certificate I created for Pat and I is pretty simple.  I printed them on parchment paper to give them a little nicer look. Ill attach a picture of it.  If anybody wants I can print off some more and mail them out, just get me the address you want it sent to.  Justin

[attachment deleted by admin]

SW Utah