Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321101 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2007, 09:56:42 pm »
Ok Chris, just for that im gonna bend 90's in Pappy's bow tips and remove just enuff wood that they bend(have fun tillering) before I send it on to ya. Ohya im also gonna cut it into so you can have fun makin a two peice....lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2007, 10:02:11 pm »
On a serious note, I got Pappy's bow floor tillered, straitened, and its on the reflex form now. I will try to post some pics soon before I send it on to Chris(Agbowyer).

Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2007, 10:39:00 pm »
Bring it on Brian. I'll do as good a job on Pappy's as I have on yours ;)...... OK I give, I got the check out and there's still plenty of wood. Its still the best stave I've ever worked on. The natural reflex is great. I will probably reflex the tips a little tomorrow.... Chris

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2007, 11:38:45 pm »
Here is Keenan's stave floor tillered and ready to send to Pat. I guess I cant really call it floor tillered since I did it with a long string on the tree.  :-\ Now the hard part, getting it to the post office.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2007, 11:41:37 pm »
You like how I took the board off the tree and put a light up so it would cast a shadow on the siding? The kinky stave makes a nice clean arc shadow so I can see the bend.  ;D  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Keenan

« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2007, 12:15:17 am »
 Looking sweet Justin, You did real good, I have Chris's just about ready for you as well. I'll try to get it out to you this weekend. Are we having fun yet?  Keenan

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2007, 12:21:59 am »
You aren't gonna trust me with that pretty piece of yew, are ya?     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2007, 03:03:39 am »
 LOL,  Your just the man for the job Pat, You know there is alot of superstitions about yew trees, Good and bad but I 'm betting that if some of that beard rubs on that bow it might just give it some extra mojo.  Beside you'd have to screw up alot more than one yew stave to catch up to me on that list.   Keenan

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2007, 06:27:15 am »
I sent mullets stave out last Tuesday to Koan and he said he hadn't got it yet,I hope I haven't messed up and sent it to the wrong person or worse yet got lost in the mail.If anyone gets it let me know.I will check on it today.I think I had it where it would have to be signed for and I know I insured it.Koan what is your address ,once again?I know I didn't sent it to the same place I sent the knife for the committee bow.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2007, 01:06:35 pm »
Joanie tracked it down, it's at the post office.I sent it where it had to be signed for and
no one was there and I guess they didn't leave him anything to let him know they had came.Wooo what a relief.Do yall think they need to be sent that way I thought it would be but now I am not so sure,What do yall think?I also insured it.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2007, 01:28:33 pm »
I prefer they not have to be signed for. I'm never at home when they deliver. I haven't had any problems.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2007, 02:59:13 pm »
If it goes out USPS I have to go get it anyway.  They leave me a note in the mailbox that says it was to long to fit in the jeep and I need to come in and get it. UPS left Keenans on the doorstep so it was there when I got home on Tuesday.  Justin

SW Utah

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2007, 06:43:04 pm »
Just checkin in. Got Pappys bow all reflexed( can only do 1/2 at a time) Ill take some pics and send it out probably Monday. Workin lots of O.T., hard to get to post office in time, it closes at 4.

Brian

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #178 on: February 22, 2007, 07:41:37 pm »
Haven't seen any wood yet. :'(
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #179 on: February 22, 2007, 08:10:02 pm »
Eddie, don't cry, I'm heading to the PO tomorrow :). Finally got a couple free hours this afternoon and finished roughing out Pat's stave. I'll wrap 'er up with mine and chunk it in the mail in the morning.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.