Author Topic: Short Draw Length Bow Performance  (Read 13381 times)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: Short Draw Length Bow Performance
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 01:04:08 pm »
 :)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Christophero

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 03:57:50 pm »
Hello Gentlemen, 
I know that I am a few days behind on this thread so sorry about bringing up one with a few days behind it.  I wanted to add, though, that what I think they were trying to say about the deflex or reflexed handle is what is called a "set back" handle in the TTBB's. 
This is done by steaming the handle area until soft and then placing the bow, belly down, in a form and clamping using the presure on the back of the, protected, handle to push it down which forces the limbs out in a relex right from the handle and fades, creating more energy storage.
Many have opted to dry heat the entire limbs on a caul nowadays but the set back handle really works and looks unique.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 04:21:45 pm »
Thanks for the input eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 04:38:55 pm »
as far as I understand it , if the bow is made proportionally shorter, a shorter draw length will make no difference to the bows efficiency, on a shorter bow a shorter draw is  working the bow to the same degree as a longer draw on a longer bow, so in my (unprofessional) opinion , a shorter draw length should be no handicap, provided the bow is designed for it
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline benjamin

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 09:28:14 pm »
amen.