Author Topic: 5 Curve Hackberry  (Read 9091 times)

blackhawk

Re: 5 Curve Hackberry
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2012, 10:09:06 am »
Thanks rob...easy on grandpas cough syrup buddy ;)...sure come on over anytime after three,n if the weathers cooperating n my dog don't slip the chain again we'll go let some fly,then come back n torture some wood >:D

Thanks frank...wood is amazing stuff and can take more than we give credit for :)

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2012, 12:23:23 pm »
Nice job Blackhawk. I am working on my first hackberry as we speak. Should have it tillered by the weekend. I'm hopeful it will prove to be a good bow wood as we have an abundance of it in our area. I'll post something on it when its done.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

blackhawk

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2012, 01:27:07 pm »
Sounds cool danny...thanks....I hope you do post it....its been awhile since we've seen something from ya  ;)...oh and just make sure to give her a good heat treat.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2012, 01:43:27 pm »
Man I love that braced pic and the full draw pic.  Way to get creative..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2012, 12:38:58 pm »
Blackhawk, I intend to heat treat it and once its done will post pics if I can remember how, lol. I'm really excited about the possibilities of hackberry. I have qutie a bit of osage but most of it is going to require significant work with the heat gun and not that I mind, but when it comes to just knocking out a bow for someone, if you start with good stright , knot free wood it sure speeds up the process. Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

blackhawk

« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2012, 01:37:37 pm »
I think you'll like it danny...especially if you don't have to make any major corrections like you do with character hedge...with a nice clean hack stave you can spit one out in no time with good results too. Funny thing is I've never harvested a hackberry,my hackberry dealer always hooks me up fat   >:D