Author Topic: gator skins  (Read 2930 times)

Offline knap_123

gator skins
« on: January 23, 2009, 09:49:25 am »
has anyone ever used gator skins for backing http:// www .tellmewhereonearth.com/Web%20Pages/Gators/Gators_Page_4.htm scroll towards the bottom and they sell strips of bellys ad backs. i'm sure theres cheaper sites but i'm just curious.  what do  you  think the southeastern indians did with the skins and tendons? i;m just curious
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 03:07:09 pm by Justin Snyder »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: gator skins
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 10:59:10 pm »
 I think, from what I've been told ::), that the skin is pretty thick for backings. I've been told they make nice handle grips and quivers. I've also been told the tails make nice knife sheaths.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline joesharp79

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 11:13:05 pm »
yea i agre i think with them being so thick and tough that if u did use them u would have a very sluggish bow but 1 thing about it i don't think u would ever have to worry about it coming apart on u

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 08:52:28 am »
Man i bet your couls get some nice long sinew off a old gator.. damn good eating too! Yum!
Mililani Hawaii

Offline knap_123

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 11:15:47 am »
gator sinew  be awesome on a southeasten point or blade.  hellava good bragging item!   i no were theres a gator farm i'm going to check out this summer

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 08:52:08 pm »
knap, come down here where I'm at. If there is a mud puddle, there's a lizard. And the sinew is long and strong,,,from what I've been told. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?