Author Topic: new guy  (Read 4299 times)

Offline sailordad

Re: new guy
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 01:06:56 am »
and here i thought they were kids bows cause they have training wheels lol

were just funning ya about the wheelie bows ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline joesharp79

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 01:35:50 am »
lol i tried to put it somewere and take the pick without any of them weelie bows or guns in there but i was in the house and it was cold out side and late and thats the only wall i had room to lean the bow on all the walls in my room here look that way but worse more of everything lol

Offline sailordad

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 12:07:01 pm »
ya we all like making fun of them,but hey i'll admit i still have my wheelie bow and used it last year too ;D
only cause i still dont have a hunting weight selfbow for myself.it seems like when i make one at 45lbs or more,i give it away :-\ :'(
oh well,like the wife says  "when you finally keep one for yourself,its gonna be real nice."
so for now i'll give away all the practice ones lol

keep the pics and bows coming

peace,
                                                                                   tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 09:09:39 pm »
 Joe, It is hard to get a bow over 45# with Blackcherry without the belly Chrysaling, IMO. The ones I've seen work started out 2" wide at the fades  3/4 length of the limb and then tapered to the tips. They were also backed with rawhide or silk. But I have seen any of them hold up for long over 55#
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?