Author Topic: Limb stifness question.  (Read 5524 times)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: Limb stifness question.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 05:17:54 pm »
I learned that lesson the hard way years ago when I thinned a naturally reflexed area on the lower limb a bit too much tryiung to get it ti respond to wood removal. My punishment was a thump on the head when the limb broke. :) Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline TreyNC

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 09:25:45 pm »
That's funny Jawge (you know now not then). Well I did check mass and looks like the stiffer side is heaver. I then made one inch marks on both limbs from tips up, using OD caliper discovered the stiffer limb is wider! I couldn't tell it with just a tape measure, but it is. Didn't get a chance to mess with it tonight I needed to play with my son some before mommy got home. I will get on it tomorrow and work the sides.

Thank you to every one who joined in on this one!
Now if I can get the rest of the bow to come out right, I have never made one to pull this far before.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 09:42:23 pm »
ohh yeah 

thats one of my favorite tools when setting up the profile and all thru floor tiller and long string tiller
i use a digital one.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline DanaM

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 07:59:35 am »
I had a feeling that one side was a bit wider Trey, on a pyramid bow once both limbs are bending the same I like to side tiller
to bring in the final weight. Can't wait to see it done :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI