Author Topic: new to knappn  (Read 2765 times)

Offline hunter12

new to knappn
« on: January 04, 2009, 09:16:18 pm »
ive been useing slabs i have a hard time thining them. i use tha pressure flakers . a big one 2 get my flakes to run across tha slab. then i use a smaller one to pressur flake them i was wondern what u use tha boppers 4? does anyone know wher i can information onn useing them Thanks     Jack

Offline FlintWalker

Re: new to knappn
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 09:29:06 pm »
The book "The Art of Flintknapping" by D.C. Waldorf is full of good info.  I think it's about $15.  You can also find LOTS of really good knapping videos on youtube. ;)
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline piper

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 09:38:37 pm »
hunter... I can't help you much..BUT it is good to have you here with us..And a big North Carolina WELCOME..You can Go to YOUTUBE.com and watch all the Knapping viedos you want to for free ..It help me some

Curt
It's hard to ride two horses when you only have one ass

Western North Carolina

Offline hunter12

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 10:05:45 pm »
The book "The Art of Flintknapping" by D.C. Waldorf is full of good info.  I think it's about $15.  You can also find LOTS of really good knapping videos on youtube. ;)
          Thanksi will try that i got a guy tryn to teach me but hes showed me and showed me but i just cant get it . lookn at diffrent ideas or teckniques

Offline hunter12

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 10:08:11 pm »
hunter... I can't help you much..BUT it is good to have you here with us..And a big North Carolina WELCOME..You can Go to YOUTUBE.com and watch all the Knapping viedos you want to for free ..It help me some

Curt
           Thanks Curt ill try it out Jack fromRoosevelt Utah