Author Topic: port orford cedar???  (Read 12920 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: port orford cedar???
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 11:26:36 am »
I was watching "This Old House" on PBS on Saturday and they were building a pergola on the front of a house with large POC timbers. I was surprised!  Lots of good arrows in that pergola. All straight, clear wood!     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

TSalmon

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 01:26:18 pm »
I wouldn't say any pine would do. Many pines are either brittle or soft. I have always wondered about ponderosa -- I think it would make a good arrow.

roofus

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 05:52:53 pm »
I try to gather all of the first hand information about materials before I will make anything. I have found that alot of what you hear in ads and the like tend to be alot of marketing bologna and kind of flavor of the month views. The guys that know what to use and what works are on this site and they all differ in opinion alot but the main thing is that they know because they use the the stuff. So I would trust what these guys say and pick a wood and see if "you" like it. I am al for standards and rules but, my number one rule is use it if it works, not because the book says so. Just my two cents.

Rob