Author Topic: 2nd Annual Christmas Trade Pictures  (Read 166484 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: 2nd Annual Christmas Trade Pictures
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2009, 11:59:51 am »
No problem Rob and yea Jesse' is ok for a cheesehead anyway :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Dustybaer

« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2009, 03:52:58 pm »
as promised, first a picture of my wonderful presents, second is my mug-shot.

paul, maybe you want to chime in and tell the folks what kinda rock it is (especially that blue blade)  ;D

one more time, i can't tell you how much i appreciate this gift.  you are truly a master of this craft.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Cromm

« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2009, 05:17:55 pm »
Dustybaer,that 2nd photo made me laugh out loud!!!! Cowboy makes a great arrow head,lovely work!!!!!!!!!!
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline Cromm

« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2009, 05:31:44 pm »
WoW nice bow!!!
Still waiting for my gift to turn up. But i did get a email from my sender telling me the date it left and the date it should get here......So I've stopped pushing my face into the window and giving the evil eye to the postman as he walks by the house!!!! >:D >:D

And the moment i stop looking out for my gift,it turns up!!!!!!!!!
I am the very happy owner of a new back quiver and three oak arrows with Howard Hill heads on them from deerhunter97370. Man if they are your first attempt at making arrows you can send me a set each year my man!!!
I will get a photo to DanaM and on here as soon as I can!!!!!!
Again THANKS JOEL. ;D ;D
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline Jesse

« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2009, 05:42:35 pm »
Those stone points and blades are beautiful and that picture is one of a kind ;D
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2009, 06:10:32 pm »
Cool! Koan, I am getting your sons gift off to him on Monday. Its not the one I thought I could get done but I think you will like it just as much.

Those are some great gifts! Man those are some nice points ya got there Dustybear! Some of them are just dieing to be hafted!!!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2009, 08:00:51 pm »
Thanks Marius and glad ya like em - that second picture just made my day hehehe ;D. Lemme see here hmm - those two obsidian's are made of material from Dtiller, the one fairly biggun with swirls in it is Alibates material from El Destructo, the big ole white one is novaculite, blue blade is slag glass, and the rest are Pederanales flint from my travels.
 I meant to send ya a neat dozen but found one on my bed that perfectly matched with the comforter - oops :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2009, 09:31:04 pm »
whollywuheh :o nice stuff Marius, but where's the PBR eh ;)

Great stuff guys and Cromm I guess ya quit stalking the Postman now :D

I also recieved my gift today, its from Otoe bow aka Mike Chase of Oklahoma but you will all
have to wait until my wife gets home for pictures :) Oh yea have to remember to e-mail DanaM some high res pictures hint hint hint ::)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2009, 09:47:24 pm »
Awsome work Cowboy, beautiful points and knives. A lot of amasing gifts, I have to make sure I get signed up in time next year.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2009, 10:20:29 pm »
Yep...I love the colors of that Alibates...no wonder the Natives used it like we do Gold....it is awesome looking stuff when an Artist chips away the rough edges!!! Enjoy that one Marius...cause you probably wont ever see another....especially in Europe!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2009, 11:35:53 pm »
Knapp'n in bed again Paul? 

Man those are nice there Dustybaer.  I hope by the time Dana posts the pictures of his gift, there are lots of posts in between Paul's work and mine. 

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline deerhunter97370

« Reply #221 on: January 17, 2009, 02:53:19 am »
Hey everyone this is turnimg out great. Awsome gifts. Cromm maybe we can make a trade for more arrows. Joel
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2009, 10:46:55 am »
Man, it sure is an honor to be part of this group of talented artists. Makes me feel kinda humbled when I think of my talents against everyone elses.
VB

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2009, 11:03:23 am »
I know what you mean VB. I feel the same exact way
TJ
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2009, 11:52:19 am »
Just went through all the pictures and 29 out of 52 people have recieved their gifts.
So that makes it 56%, come on folks if you've recieved your gift get some pictures up eh ;)

And if you haven't sent yours yet its time to Git R Done :)

Also I haven't recieved many e-mails yet ??? If ya want to see yerself in the magazine I need those pictures
and please remember to set your camera to a higher setting than 640x480, you only need to e-mail me one picture :)

Manistique, MI