Author Topic: refurbished arrow  (Read 4573 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
refurbished arrow
« on: December 26, 2008, 01:51:20 pm »
   I redid this sourwood arrow after finding it under the leaves next to my target. How it got there I'll never know! ::)   The fletching is 3 full length, smaller(4" to 5") turkey wing feathers tied of with their backs against the shaft. The cresting is a piece of shed black snake skin I found this summer. The shed snake skin is very thin and fragile but with care they can be used. I used a Sharpie pen for the black line above and below the skin. The fletching is a bit noisy so I may use my feather burner to reshape them to reduce the noise.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: refurbished arrow
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 03:38:17 pm »
   Real nice re-do, Pat
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 04:37:43 pm »
Thanks Eddie. These days we have to conserve, even with sourwood shoots. ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 08:37:57 pm »
Well yea, a lot of work goes into handmade arrows, a lot of soul and personality also not to keep them shooting as long as we can.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline boo

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 02:04:58 am »
hey pat long time no talk to. just wanted to say hey , that is a cool arrow with the snake skin shed. how did you do that? 
your old hunting partner is still doing great and is still as beautiful as ever, how is that old file knife doing? i seen it in a picture with a bow on here somewhere.
Boo

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 02:17:41 am »
Hey Bobby thanks.  What's up! it has been a long time. Always glad to hear my kids are doing well. ;) 8) Your knife has been my go to hunting knife for the last 2 years. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to put it to work...my fault not the knife! ;D
   Hope to see you soon.  Maybe this spring at Hickory or at my place in late July.     Pat

Offline boo

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 03:04:04 am »
yea pat id love to get together sometime. when is the next shoot,hunt,or just get together? maybe nugget and i can make it.
Boo

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 03:23:51 pm »
My thing is at the end of July but the Tenn Classic in the first part of May and Hickory is at the end of May.    Pat

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 07:38:27 am »
Sweet  save.  I like that skin "cresting".
Traverse City, MI

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 09:15:38 pm »
Very cool Pat
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 12:28:06 am »
Thanks guys.  TJ, we are gonna have to hold Bobby to this. We have witnesses!!!  ;)
   I saw a bow posted on here a few years ago and it dad a shed skin backing that I thought was cool. We have a 7' black snake living in my old Isuzu Trooper and he shed 3 times last year. The last time I collected some of the shed to try...and this is the result.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 01:02:36 am »
very cool brother.... good camo on that shaft, now you will lose it for good ;D ;) HAWK
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 09:34:52 am »
Sounds like a plan to me Pat. I have slowly been trying to reinfect Bobby with the sickness,He is back wanting to make arrows and swhhoot bows,heck he is even wanting to knap some hunting heads. I would love to try and make it to your shindig this year. I will be at Hickory this year . Bobby and I have about the same school schedule I am sure he will try and make both events.
TJ
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline boo

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 01:08:20 pm »
aaawwwww the fire has never been out , i just let it get down to coals. but the big wind blew and blew hard this time and my fire is huge.
Boo

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 01:10:18 pm »
 8) 8) 8)