Author Topic: A case for the short bow  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Little John

A case for the short bow
« on: January 11, 2009, 12:06:50 pm »
I have been playing with making a sinue bow string. Having a bit of success but mostly getting the feel for it and learning a few tricks of the trade. I have figured out that a short one is much less work than a long one. Same thing with stone tool bows, must be much less scraping and wood removal with a short bow. Now if I could just shoot well with a shorty.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Cromm

Re: A case for the short bow
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 02:41:24 pm »
There was me thinking this was a case for a short bow photo post......D'oh.......
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline Kegan

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 04:42:37 pm »
If the short bow is light enough in pull, they're accurate. I guess that, along with the Natives's amazing hunting skills, was why they never used too much over 50# at 60" for hunting.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:09:16 pm by Kegan »

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 07:08:08 pm »

Kenneth, I know what you mean...I've been messing around with dogbane some and it is time consuming.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline ken bee

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 09:02:24 pm »
im wondering how short is short my bow is d/rrecurve sinosa 55 at 25 my string 50 long fairly good acc up to 40y im crazy for short bows you must practice a lot and find the perfect arrow for it you have to make it yourself